3 Weeks Out and Feeling Wonderful!

Mark W.
on 10/4/13 5:50 am, edited 10/4/13 6:36 am - belle plaine, MN

So this past Monday made 3 weeks out post op. I met with my doctor for the first time since and SO happy that things are going well. These forums have been fantastic with the wealth of knowledge and inspiration along the way. 

I'm down 15 pounds thus far from surgery and have returned to my cardio routine as well. I am SO happy to be back into regimen. Perhaps now it feels like my safe place but I worked super hard to even qualify for this and I want to do the very best I can in all aspects. 

Looking forward to adding in my strength training routine in about another 5 weeks as I still need to heal from my hernia operation. 

Getting in my protein via my shakes actually hasn't been all that difficult as well as my required 64 oz of water. It just feels like I am drinking all day though. 

The one major difference is that my energy level has been super low. My nutritionist gave me some great insight reminding me that my calories right now are super low. My body doesn't have the food to burn for energy and making energy from fat takes time. Patience....I need to practice some here ;)

It's been a wonderful journey thus far and looking forward to my adjusted GOAL weight my doctor just handed to me. I cannot in my life imagine myself weighing this. I can't even tell you when I weighed it. It had to be high school. My wife is super excited because it means a GREAT reason to go shopping! Laughing :) 

As a thank you for all of her understanding and being a wonderful friend along the way I'm taking her out to see Amaluna by Cirque du Soleil tonight. Can't wait and I think I should fit in a regular seat! Woot Woot!

~ Mark

Member Services
on 10/4/13 5:52 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations and we look forward to your updates  

SophieNJ
on 10/4/13 8:11 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Congrats!! you're doing great!  and enjoy the show, you'll love it!!  what a good hubby you are :)

sophie

Stephanie R.
on 10/4/13 9:49 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
My 3 week mark was Wednesday. And it sounds like our recovery has been almost identical...right down to the whole low energy thing.

Here's to a continuous positive experience!!

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

illinois Gama D.
on 10/4/13 9:51 am

congrats and continued success.:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

bdaycakegirl
on 10/4/13 9:53 am

Wonderful!

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Lora R.
on 10/4/13 10:01 am, edited 10/4/13 10:01 am
RNY on 09/12/13

My three weeks was yesterday, and so glad to hear how wonderful you are doing!  I was thinking it was just me on the feeling sluggish.  Keep up the great work and enjoy the show :)

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

Most Active