Full Circle

rebkat
on 10/9/13 2:35 pm - KY

I am now 36 years old, and I am just now beginning to learn that I can't play this game by "my rules".  A little bit of history about my story:  I was banded in 2007 - ironically the same date as today 10-09.  I lost around 60 pounds.  I had a child in 2009, and a revision to my band in 2010.  My port flipped, bust was fixed after surgery.  I have been doing everything in the world to lose weight other than utilize this band that is within me.  I started drinking during meals and after meals.  I stopped going for fills and maintenance.  I basically had this band sitting in me doing nothing but collecting dust.  Today is my 6th year band anniversary, and because I have realized that I have come full circle once again only to be empty handed, back at square 1. I have one of the original 4 cc bands.  Today I got a fill:  I hadn't had one in over 2 years.  I think I can do this again - I have to do this again.  I almost need re-educated on what to do.  Feeling hopeless and hopeful all at once. 

Surgery Date 10-9-07  318.3lbs.

Member Services
on 10/10/13 1:40 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

kathkeb
on 10/10/13 10:32 am

Congrats on starting over.

a few guidelines that helped me and my band are 

no liquid calories except skim milk

no drinking with meals or for 30-45 minutes afterward

protein with every meal and snack

lots of water