I was told wait 4-6 weeks !

browneyes65
on 10/12/13 4:56 pm - IN

I have Medicaid and Medicaid, my Dr sent papers needed to St Vincents Sept 20th and was told when called give it 4-6 weeks does this sound right. I'm not sure who I talked to not Dr Inmans office just the lady who answered. Thanks

mkvand
on 10/12/13 5:05 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Medicare and medicaid are slow.  It took my dad two years from starting the process before he finally got his surgery.

poet_kelly
on 10/12/13 10:11 pm - OH

Actually  Medicare is not slow at all.  They don't pre-approve WLS and they don't require a six month supervised diet.

The rules for Medicaid vary from state to state and it may be slow in some states.

It took me four months from the time I first saw my surgeon to my surgery date with Medicare and Ohio Medicaid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 10/13/13 12:30 pm - IN

St Vincents Bariatric Center in Camel Indiana. The paper is a letter from my pcp about medical problems and recommendation that is needed  to send to Insurance to see if they ok it. So I'm waiting.

poet_kelly
on 10/12/13 10:12 pm - OH

I'm not sure.  What is St. Vincents?  Is that the hospital where you will have surgery?  What kind of papers did your doc send to them?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

saterry
on 10/13/13 5:44 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

ST Vincent Hospital Bariatric Center of Excellence in Carmel Indiana. About 20 minutes North of Indy

Same hospital I had my RNY.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

poet_kelly
on 10/13/13 5:45 am - OH

What paperwork would the surgeon need to send to the hospital?

saterry
on 10/13/13 5:50 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

None that I can think of Kelly.

DR Inman saw me, ordered test, sent insurance info and scheduled the surgery.

Seemed pretty routine to me.

saterry
on 10/13/13 5:56 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I sure would not rely on anyone other than the office to advise me on the next step. And I sure would have names and titles of people I have spoken with for reference.

Not sure who she talked to if not someone at Dr. Inman's office about approval unless hers is a 2 step process----approval for surgery and hospital stay. but even in that instance Dr. Inman's office handles all of that also.

???

Laccygurl
on 10/13/13 8:56 am - Paso Robles, CA
Only took me 3months, to get my date. Im in calif. And on Medcade. Saw my Doc. On Feb 21, 2013, had surgury on May 13, 2013

Laurie
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1545 views