What is Pre-op Tests

browneyes65
on 10/18/13 3:55 pm - IN

That's the next step, not sure what they do. Can anyone tell me. Thanks

shoutjoy
on 10/18/13 7:20 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi there,

It's pretty routine to have preop tests done for any surgery.  May include blood tests, chest x-ray, EKG.  Not too bad

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

browneyes65
on 10/19/13 3:58 am - IN

I'm 3 hours away from St. Vincents Bariatric you think my Dr here can order tests, I have a St Joseph Hospital her and Memorial.

RNY on 10/21/13

Mine consisted of an arterial blood gas draw, EKG, more blood work for CBC and to cross type and match (in the rare event I'll need a transfusion), talking to a pre-anesthesia RN and reviewing my meds and surgical/medical history, then I had a chest X-ray. 

Not sure if they'll let you do it elsewhere due to the anesthesia assessments and such; wouldn't hurt to ask, though. My surgeon is a little over an hour away and I work at a hospital, but I had to have it done there. 

Best wishes!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/20/13 5:54 am - OH

Some are more extensive than others.  I had blood and urine collected, an EKG, two respiratory tests, a abdominal ultrasound to check the gallbladder, and... hmmm... I know the was one other thing, but cannot think of it at the moment.

They may or may not allow you to get it done elsewhere.  The only way to know what they want to do and where you can do it is to ask.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.