Boyfriends wls journey and mine is becoming a warzone

tjleigh1965
on 10/23/13 2:25 am - OH

My boyfriend had WLS surgery 2 months ago and he has lost 60 pounds which I must say he really is looking much sexier, lol...

We cant keep our hands off each other.  The delima is he is still finding his way with the type of soft foods he can tolerate, and what he does not eat I end up eating it.  Im cooking enough for only 2 people but once he vomits or cant handle the food he gives it to me and say your tummy can handle it better than mine.  So you know me..I think to my self I can get more protein in so I'll eat it,

well ......it just click the other day as I am on the scale and it wont move off 220 . while.waiting on my 4 week stahl to pass  that I am exposed and  eating the wrong things.  He is bringing home fried foods now because he feels that they stay down compared to the baked , broiled or grilled food I make.  So here I am looking in the refrigerator now at his leftovers from lunch  of KFC Chicken tenders, and Cornbeef Sandwich piled 6 inches high (its a Cleveland thing)

and rib dinners, with fries, He says the employees go out and bring him this back to eat like they use to.  I constantly remind him that he has to tell his workers that he cant eat those things anymore, but he is starting to slowly.

What the What is he trying to do to me...I'm here to help him along and he setting me back , please help give me some advice OH Friends.... I've lost 130 pounds.... Im 16 months out.. my appite is somewhat back. I dont want to gain it back because of love.

Zee Starrlite
on 10/23/13 2:42 am

Wow you will both be doomed to not losing and gaining it all back with that type of food in the house.  Trash i!.  No one should eat to the point of vomittng EVER! Your insides have been reconstructed and will develop problems requiring surgical intervention and poorer qualitiy of life issues.

This is NOT love, it is hate - self-hate, hate of mate.  However you put it, it is bad.  You two love birds need to have a tender talk about getting and staying healthy and loving each other in a way that gets and keeps you both healthy.

I wish you the best.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

ajrober2
on 10/23/13 3:16 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

The temptation of eating the wrong foods will always be there.  You have to develop the will power to choose wisely.  I love moist cake, but when someone offer it to me I say NO!  My health and weight loss is more important to me than a piece of cake. 

poet_kelly
on 10/23/13 3:28 am - OH

Well, first I would stop telling him what to eat or what to tell his employees.  If he wants to allow them to bring back food for him, that's his choice.  If he wants to eat fried chicken and corned beef sandwiches and ribs and fries, he is allowed to do that.  He's an adult.  Let him be responsible for himself.

Second, I would take responsibility for yourself.  You aren't in charge of what he eats but you are in charge of what you eat.  You do not have to eat his leftovers.  Start controlling yourself and stop trying to control him.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

scoobyluvr1
on 10/29/13 6:41 pm
RNY on 10/21/13
Wow thats a bit harsh..no where did I read she was trying to control him. I read remind..not control

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

tjleigh1965
on 10/23/13 3:45 am - OH

..the truth hurts...and you can always count on it on ObesityHelp....Thank you for your comments,

Hislady
on 10/23/13 4:44 am - Vancouver, WA

Sounds like maybe the proteins are getting too dry and causing him problems. Maybe try to moisten them up a bit and perhaps he'll get hem down easier. However the OP was right you are only responsible for yourself and he for himself. If he sees you eating right instead of being his garbage can maybe he will step up too. Good luck!

Laura in Texas
on 10/23/13 5:23 am

My boyfriend does not eat healthy food much of the time, but I am not his momma. He is in charge of himself and I am in charge of myself. I take responsibility for what I put in my mouth which is why I have lost 200 pounds and have kept it off 5 years later. Personal responsibility is the key to long-term success.

Take care of YOU!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

illinois Gama D.
on 10/23/13 7:33 am

perfectly put, my thought exactly:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Patm
on 10/23/13 5:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If he wants to eat that crap that is his problem. Perhaps you can agree for him not to bring it home. My husband has never had to diet in his life. We have now agreed that if he want chips or other stuff he eats it at work or brings home a single serving size finishes it or tosses out the rest. When we have stuff around for company I just do not eat it.

Good luck. Sounds like you two need to talk about what is best for both of you not just him

Most Active