Anyone have a Fitbit?

Linda_S
on 11/1/13 5:15 pm - Eugene, OR

I decided that I need to get moving more.  As they say, you need to move it or lose it.  So, I bought a Fitbit Flex.  I started wearing it on October 17th.  Yesterday (two weeks later), I got an email saying that I'd walked over 50 miles in those two weeks!  I'm not really into competing with other people, but I do get pretty competitive with myself.  I'm really enjoying using this thing.  You can link up your food diary from a couple of different sites (I use My Fitness Pal) and you can also link up our workouts (I use Endomondo Sports Tracker).  It's really fun - especially when it does a little dance on your wrist when you hit 10,000 steps each day.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/13 7:36 pm - CA

I  a fit bit  I have been using since June.  I  love it. I  not know about syncing your workouts though.  I will try that. I do get emails awarding me medals for various milestones 

Linda_S
on 11/2/13 3:14 am - Eugene, OR

Check the fitbit.com site - I'm not sure if this is just a feature of the Fitbit Flex or not, but you can go into your profile and look under applications - it will tell you which applications you can link to.  My pants are definitely looser since I got it!  Quite the little motivator.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/13 8:12 am - CA

Thx  I will do that.  I  definately want to get my 10,000 steps in  each day to help with the weight loss after surgery

Soapy
on 11/2/13 6:47 am
I got one for my birthday this month and love it

LosingSarah
on 11/2/13 9:13 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I've had one since August 2012. I wore it everyday until recently. I had the Ultra, which clipped onto clothes. I always wore it on my bra strap, but one day I put it one my shirt and accidentally washed it :(

It still works, but only will stay charged for like an hour. It used to work for like two weeks on one full charge before I did this. I am super bummed out, but am thinking about getting the Fitbit Zip.  It's a bit less expensive and has the features I'm interested in: steps, distance, & calories burned.  I didn't really use the flights climbed or sleep tracker, so I won't miss it.

Linda_S
on 11/3/13 1:14 am - Eugene, OR

I really like the Flex because you can wear it in the shower or submerge it up to 10 meters, so I imagine a run through the washer wouldn't bother it much, although it's not likely to get there be cause it's on my wrist.  ;D

LosingSarah
on 11/3/13 5:57 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I like that feature. That it's not on my clothing, that is. I can't stand wearing things on my wrist, so I'm not sure if I could handle it. I've never worn a watch, for example.

Linda_S
on 11/3/13 6:09 am - Eugene, OR

I'm not big on having something on my wrist either.  While the small band for this fit me fine, I was having difficulty being comfortable with it on, so I used the large band and just have it loosely fastened around my wrist.  It's tight enough that it won't slip over my hand, but it sort of swishes around with me and doesn't really bother me much.  Every now and then, like when I'm putting on my coat, it will bug me, but other than that, it's fine.

huskerfan85
on 11/3/13 5:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Like you I accidentally washed my first fitbit ultra, and then lost another, I contacted fitbit and they actually sent me a replacement free of charge. Not saying they will do that for you, but it is worth an email to them.

Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1294 views