goal weight

aliekat
on 11/16/13 3:22 am

It took me the best part of a day after reaching my goal weight ( what i thought at the beginning to be a totally unreasonable, unrealistic, unattainable goal weight) to realize that for the first time in my memory ( i will be 58 in a week) i am not trying to lose weight. Totally new concept, cannot wrap my head around it. I have no desire whatsoever to lose any more. i am at a happy weight. the cognitive dissonance is intense and overwhelming. 

As Charlie Brown would say, aahhhggg! now to get to the real work of maintenance and avoiding self sabotage. thanks for the support to all.

aliekat55

Disclaimer: Although I am a doctor, I do not play one on TV, nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.  I've done a lot of additional research on WLS issues but am not qualified to give medical advice over the internet.  I'm happy to share my research with you, but you should see an acting professional if you want real medical advice.enlightened

Tracy D.
on 11/16/13 3:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations!!  Excited for you and to see what new adventures maintenance brings your way 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Robin M.
on 11/16/13 4:10 am - Biloxi, MS
VSG on 09/12/13
That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
Kathleen W.
on 11/16/13 9:42 am - Lancaster, PA

Congratulations on making goal.  It's been a long road and you made it. As you said, now the hard part of maintainence starts.  You can so do this.  You worked to hard for it.  Never forget what you've learned.  Keep doing what you're doing of protein, journaling, vitamins,excercise, etc.  The only other thing I could suggest is  trying to find a live support to attend each week to keep yourself accountable for what you are doing.   I'm going to be 59 in a couple of weeks and been maintaining for a little over 2 years.  As I said before, you can so do this.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

aliekat
on 11/16/13 9:32 pm

thanks for the support. It helps to know that there are people out there that have managed this. I am still adjusting to the image in the mirror. I cant see it the way others see me. I know that I am at a good weight and i accept that, but the person i see in the mirror does not look right. 

Disclaimer: Although I am a doctor, I do not play one on TV, nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.  I've done a lot of additional research on WLS issues but am not qualified to give medical advice over the internet.  I'm happy to share my research with you, but you should see an acting professional if you want real medical advice.enlightened

AnnaW
on 11/16/13 10:23 am

Congrats!!!

Jen Lyn
on 11/16/13 11:30 am
RNY on 11/11/13

Congratulations.  NOw you can go shopping and enjoy it!

I plan on letting my friends know I love hand me downs.

Mimisocks
on 11/16/13 9:56 pm - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

angry Hip, Hip Hooray for you!  You deserve it for all your hard work in reaching goal!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

PetHairMagnet
on 11/17/13 5:22 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM Pacific Time, aliekat wrote:

It took me the best part of a day after reaching my goal weight ( what i thought at the beginning to be a totally unreasonable, unrealistic, unattainable goal weight) to realize that for the first time in my memory ( i will be 58 in a week) i am not trying to lose weight. Totally new concept, cannot wrap my head around it. I have no desire whatsoever to lose any more. i am at a happy weight. the cognitive dissonance is intense and overwhelming. 

As Charlie Brown would say, aahhhggg! now to get to the real work of maintenance and avoiding self sabotage. thanks for the support to all.

aliekat55

I had never thought about it like that...being a place in time where I would not wake up and have it be yet another day I am looking to lose. THAT is exciting...thanks for posting this. I cannot wait to be there!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1349 views