Which is better liquid or chewable vitamins?

zzobe
on 11/17/13 10:32 am

I want to start stocking up on my new "supplies" vitamins that I will need to take after the surgery. Which do you prefer and why? Liquid vitamins or chewable vitamins? What brand do you take? What do you like about it? Thanks.

Member Services
on 11/17/13 11:31 am - Irvine, CA

Hi zzobe,

If you have not had surgery yet you may want to wait until after surgery to see what is best for you.....  just a suggestion. Also post this on your surgery type forum and get some input from members that have had your surgery type.

Regards,

Member Services

poet_kelly
on 11/17/13 9:05 pm - OH

Either one is fine.  Or a vitamin you swallow is also fine, according to the ASMBS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eggface
on 11/17/13 10:40 pm, edited 11/17/13 10:41 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I like to change things up every few days... vitamins are an every day for the rest of your life thing post-op so variety is nice. I wouldn't stock up but I would gather some samples... companies like Celebrate Vitamins and others will send you packs of their products. Celebrates is $3 including shipping I believe and you get a bunch of different ones to try and a coupon off your first order so basically the pack is free.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MsBatt
on 11/18/13 1:27 am

There is no such thing as a chewable vitamin that tastes GOOD. I suspect liquid vitamins are pretty nasty, too. Buy Centrum and swallow them whole.

BetsyHuff
on 11/18/13 3:05 am

Centrum chewables aren't that bad.  They're orange and remind me of a Flintstones vitamin, but not as crunchy.  It's not delish, but not gross, either.

Gail D.
on 11/18/13 6:17 am

I use chewables from Puritan Pride. The first couple days they all taste nasty, but you get used to it. The only one I just cannot tolerate is the iron. i don't like liquid medicines, and find they upset my stomach. Always have.

Gail D.
on 11/18/13 6:18 am

Also, at Puritan Price (www.PuritanPride.com), they often do buy 1 get 2 free sales. I bought ALL my vitamins, in multiple bottles, for about $70. I have enough multivitamins to last me months, and the only thing I've had to restock on is Calcium.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1449 views