WLS Denied by insurance?

Eggface
on 12/3/13 3:42 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I just posted this over on my Facebook page but I thought I might see if anyone on OH wants to share their story. The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) http://www.obesityaction.org is assisting a reporter in finding **individuals who have been denied access to bariatric surgery by a health insurance provider. If you have been denied by your insurance and are still seeking surgery** Please contact [email protected] to share your story.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Pammerx
on 12/3/13 12:35 pm - OR

Your pcp may be able to write a compelling letter to the insurance if you have high blood pressure, sleep apnea,  diabetes, and other life threatening illnesses. Ask about that. 

Blessings, 

Pam

Eggface
on 12/3/13 12:41 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Pam, I am 71/2 years post-op this is a request for a reporter doing a story. He is looking for those who have been denied by their insurance. Thank you for thinking of me though ;) 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

jarabacoagirl
on 12/4/13 1:53 am
VSG on 12/17/12

With the new Obamacare it looks like nothing is covered let alone WLS which always has been a problem to be covered. (my insurance covered pre-op tests but not the surgery itself.)  Tried to buy regular Obamacare insurance for my husband last night and the agent admitted the new coverage was so bad that it's better to just pay the fine.  What a joke!  (And he was being honest cause I'm sure he gets commission lol.)  I guess the only ones that are better off are the ones that can get insurance from their jobs.

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)