LIFE HAPPENED!

pamkb
on 12/4/13 12:22 am - Crestview, FL
I used to be very active here on the forum but I got over confident, stepped away from a valuable support tool and WHAM, Life Happened!

Injury and then grief put me back on the sidelines I swore I would never sit on again. 13 months later, I am battling a 20 pound weight gain and a sedentary lifestyle. So I beat myself up for a little while and then decided to celebrate that this time I put the brakes on this destructive train ride at 20 pounds rather than the 125 overweight I allowed myself before RNY November 2010. I went back and read my journals to remind myself of what was in my 'toolbox' when I was at the top of my game. So here I am again.

Have started a beginner's runner program with plans to be running 5k's by the spring. I am going back to the basics: quality protein first, limited (if any) processed carbs and LOTS of water.

To those who are post-op - and still rocking this a few years out, I say THANK YOU for being motivators and role models!

To those who are post-op and struggling, I remind us to remember all our 'tool's and use them. We got this!

To those who are pre-op or newly post-op, I urge to remember and follow the rules. This is a lifetime commitment. Most everyone has amazing success the first year but it is at years 2 and 3 that the work starts to stay the course for a lifetime of health.

Cheers!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Member Services
on 12/4/13 12:35 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Pam,

Thank you for sharing and while we don't like the cir****tances for you coming back we do want to extend a welcome to you.

Here is a great group you can join to help you Back On Track Together's Welcome Page

Chad Freeze
on 12/4/13 1:08 am - San Angelo, TX
I agree, it is very hard to stay on track. I am still doing great, I also use 2 time outs a week to help me sustain my weight. Time out means I do protein shakes and water only 2 days every week. I have not been on here in a long time also. So long I had to call O help and reactivate my account.
Rack.jpg picture by Haku2you
Patm
on 12/4/13 2:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations for stopping at 20 lbs. Sounds like you have a great plan. Hope it all works out for you

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1355 views