Too Fat for Photos?

TXKashmir
on 12/5/13 2:08 am - Grand Prairie, TX

My friend posted this on Facebook, and I think a lot of us can relate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/teresa-s-porter/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed_b_4351360.html

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Patm
on 12/5/13 2:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great article. Thnks for posting. I do regret the lack of photos with my kids.

MyLady Heidi
on 12/5/13 11:44 pm

I didn't take pics when I was MO, I have a handful of what I now call "befores" it doesn't bother me I didn't take them.  I do not want to remember myself MO, to me that person no longer exists and I like it that way.  Pictures help ingrain memories, why ingrain a memory that I don't want anyone to remember.  I only keep nice pictures of people I love, why would I want to see my grandmother after 8 years of strokes or my mother after she had a terrible car accident and was left in a wheelchair.  I don't like those memories and I want no physical evidence of them. 

I have been a photographer for many years, amateur and now on occasion paid, and the images I make are always people in their best light.  I see no beauty in a child with a dirty face or dirty clothes and  messy hair.  To me it just looks sloppy, unless it is his first birthday pic, there isn't one known picture of my son with a dirty face, that kind of thing annoys me.  Clean your child's face before you take a pic.  Ugghhh....

Most Active