Crbs are they good or bad

froggy2816
on 12/10/13 11:33 am - MD

I an 2 yr 3 months out of rxy surgery an just had to do a revision due to some pretty ullcers THAT STARTED IN jAN WERE TREATED THRU TILL SEPT AND BECAME A REAL CONCERS. REVIDION SURGERY WAS NOV 26 AT jOHNS hOPKINS bAYVIEW. nOW IM STILL ON THE PURREED DIET FOR ANTHER TOO WEEKS AND WS WONDERING EXACTLY WHAAT REOLE THEY PLAY,.aNY ADVICE I CAG GET FROM HER WOULD BE A HUGE HELP/ i DONT HAVE POST SURGERY NUTRETIONAL COVERAGE. hAS ANYONE ELSE WONDERED THIS, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE IRRUSE AND CAN SPOC IT TO ME STRAIGHT.THATNKS A BUNCH FOR HELPING ME OUT.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/13 1:33 pm - OH

Did you not get an eating plan when you had your original surgery?!?

Basically, carbs are both good and bad.  Your body needs carbs for your brain to function properly and people who are on very low carb diets for a long time often get irritable and have issues with short term memory.  You primarily want to get carbs from dairy, vegetables, and legumes with some coming from fruit and whole grains.  You want to avoid "white carbs"... Bread, pasta, rice, cakes/cookies/etc. (anything made with white flour), and refined sugar.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/13 2:13 pm

Real chocolate is dark, these are good carbs, right ? Since they are not white? I do avoid white chocolate... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/13 3:18 pm - OH

kiss

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 12/11/13 3:28 am
On December 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

Real chocolate is dark, these are good carbs, right ? Since they are not white? I do avoid white chocolate... 

Absolutely! And I'm not kidding---dark chocolate has anti-oxidants and...something else that I can't recall right now, but is good for you. Not to mention how much nicer it makes me. (*grin*)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1457 views