Daily percentage recommended for us

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 12:43 am - MI

Does anyone happen to know what our daily percentages should be for protein fat and carbs

Nikki        
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 12:58 am

That will depend on amount of calories, # of grams proteins (minimum and based on labs), carb tolerance (I eat carbs - I gain weight) and what you trying to accomplish - gain weight, lose weight or maintain. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 1:14 am - MI

1200 cal I'm trying to lose...

if I lick a orange slice I gain from the carbs lol 

Nikki        
nikki2092
on 12/20/13 1:17 am - MI

Oh proteins ummm at least 60 but on a normal day for me it's like 80 plus 

Nikki        
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 1:40 am, edited 12/20/13 1:41 am

1200 - is rather high for losing for me. I may lose 1 lb a month on that.  I need to be 800-1000 cal per day (900 average per week) to lose weight. 

What I do is set up max carbs: for me that is 50 carbs when I try to lose. And my carbs would only come from non starchy veggies, nuts, some fruits (not a lot) and dairy.  Fruits would be a "treat" for me once every 2-3 days.  I discovered that I feel full and less hungry when my proteins is 100-130 gr per day. Rest calories comes from fat. Don't be afraid of the fat. I use nuts as my snack. They are high calorie items - so I make sure I pre-measure when I need to lose a regain. 

saying that: for 1000 calories

50 gr of carbs" = 50x4= 200 calories = 20% carbs

100 gr of proteins = 100x4 = 400 calories = 40% proteins

400+ 200= 600 calories.  1000-600= 400 = 40% fat

400 calories of fat = 400/ 9 = 44 gr

You can play with the numbers. I do need to limit my carbs when I want to lose. Fat makes me full and helps me "go"  (BM) 

on days I get 800 cal I probably would eat less fat.  I try to get natural fat- butter, olive oil (in natural dressing), nuts, avocado, fish, etc. Proteins taht keep me full are like chicken, beef, pork, eggs, fish. i.e. my lunch today was a breast of chicken (grilled) with a side of fresh cucumbers (they are virtually "free": calorie and carbs food) . Later today I will have an oz of nuts (almonds or peanuts - no sugar added) and dinner will be some proteins with veggies and probably glass of wine (my treat for Friday) I may have also a bowl of blueberries (1 cup) and a nice serving of a whipped cream.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 4:56 am - MI

Actually naturally just eating when I'm hungry I'm not going over 1000 four days has been 950-1000 and 20 40 40 is exactly what I set my fit pal today. It sounds like we have the same dietary needs. I am a protein meat girl. Right now I'm not doing any carbs except what may come in cheese or Greek lit n fit or fresh veggies. unaware of what I was doing I ate fruit like it was free for (everyday with every meal ) all for three months and exercising my butt off not moving the scale it killed me to know I was working so hard but I know now that all my working out slowed the gain now I can go back to drawing board. It was ticking me off that people were saying I let bad habits back when I wasn't  but now I know fruit yes a treat but only when I get to goal and on extra cardio days to burn it. Fruit for me now is over rated I'd rather have cheese or meat anyway. I'm eating clean again it feels so good. No guilt 

today

7 oz grilled chicken breast with salad lettuce

lit n fit blueberry w/tablespoon protein granola

tuna patty /zucchini

sf wrinkly jello

4 oz grilled pork loin 

Nikki        
PetHairMagnet
on 12/20/13 7:44 am
RNY on 05/13/13

What is wrinkly jello? I would normally just read through a typo--but it does not fit in my brain with anything else it might be and wondering if it is some cool jello item. I do love jello!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 7:56 am, edited 12/20/13 7:57 am - MI

Lol rofl it's a typo it sugar free winky brand jello Parfet cups 25 cal 2proteins they are great for me to push through head hunger but I got to love auto correct hi any way wrinkly jello oh you know what jello looks like with bat wings teeeee heeeee

Nikki        
PetHairMagnet
on 12/20/13 8:13 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM Pacific Time, nikki2092 wrote:

Lol rofl it's a typo it sugar free winky brand jello Parfet cups 25 cal 2proteins they are great for me to push through head hunger but I got to love auto correct hi any way wrinkly jello oh you know what jello looks like with bat wings teeeee heeeee

Bwahahaha! I'll have to see about the Winky brand here! 2g of protein would be super! Normally it is just 10 base calories for me. I have bat wings, my jello might as well, lol. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

A. Kondrlik
on 12/20/13 10:04 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

I am in early maintenance and eating between 1200 and 1300  calories.  I am not terribly carb sensitive and am still losing a bit  I have my fitness pal set at 40% carbs, 30% fats and 30% protein. I tend to not get to the 40% carbs and exceed the 30% protein.   I feel great and feel my nutritional intake is good.  The key for me is making sure the carbs I eat are whole grain, fresh fruits and veggies, Crap carbs are the devil!

Anne

Most Active