Shands@ UF/Florida- just a vent

J_Bell1968
on 12/28/13 2:49 am

Has anyone else dealt with this ignorant, unorganized bunch of idiots ? What a nightmare. Do not go there!

I have had everything done, except my 2nd visit to the nutritionalist for the 2 week liquid diet. I started this back in September.

I had my upper GI done in  October after several calls with several stories, I have just ( Dec 14th) been put on the triple antibiotic for the HPV (??) bug/bacteria. After speaking to the physicians asst/nurse (who signed off/approved my surgery back in October-according to her) She has had the results of that GI since October. Keep in mind, I have called them at least 4 times to find out about the schedule of my surgery- everytime with some kind of BS story. I know they have to treat the bug. But, they knew about it in October. My insurance is Medicare and Cigna. Cigna does not cover this surgery . But they have been waiting on approval from Medicare - I thought that Medicare didn't do pre- authorizations.?? Now, the latest thing along with the HPV- They have lost my bloodwork. I am going to request my medical records Monday and write a letter to the Dr. to make them aware of this whole mess.  I have never had a problem at Shands or their Dr's. But this crew is just like a 3 ring circus. My original consultation said that I would be through the program within 45 days, because of my BMI etc.  Now she also told me that my surgery would not be done until Feb or March-

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views