Anyone else fed up with People magazine??

Bette B.
on 1/4/14 8:05 am

People ran not one but TWO articles on both Chris Christie and Graham Elliot having weight loss surgery, but when the new year comes, they run their "Half Their Size" article where they always shout "No Surgery! No Gimmicks!" I'm sick of it. One one hand, they always always always cover celebrities who have WLS, and then they turn around in January and act as if it's some kind of cheat.

While WLS has been easier than any other diet I've tried, it hasn't been easy, and I've worked my butt off (literally) to keep eating right and exercising. Does this annual issue **** anyone else off?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

TurnThePage
on 1/4/14 8:17 am

Not any more than the usual crap they write.  This is hardly a 'hard news' source with journalistic standards.

I don't think they have ever done 5 year follow ups on all the people they feature who have gained the weight back and more, have they? That would tell the tale.

TexasTerritory
on 1/4/14 8:31 am
VSG on 07/22/13
People magazine seems to revolve in its own universe...they are so NOT real, it's truly sad.

KevinBacon
on 1/4/14 10:00 am
VSG on 03/10/14

lol I was one of those people who were considered to be on one of those magazines back in 2007. Guess what? I gained alllllll my weight back and then 20 more. 

I think it's amazing for people to lose weight and keep it off for life and I applaud them all. For me however, it didn't end that way and I am done playing with fire and making this choice for health once and for all. 

Bette B.
on 1/4/14 11:12 am

And right in the middle of the article in the magazine are ads for: Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem (2 "non-gimmicks" that their success stories used! Conflict of interest?) , Atkins, Special K, Hydroxycut, Splenda, GNC and Belviq weight loss Rx. Oh! And Dove chocolate.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

KevinBacon
on 1/4/14 11:14 am
VSG on 03/10/14

The media machine ruins everything. 

Good thing some of us know better 

MyLady Heidi
on 1/4/14 1:56 pm

Nope doesn't bother me at all.  Not everyone can get wls and losing it the traditional way is hard.  If everyone took heir wls seriously and got to a realistic goal and stayed there, there wouldn't be all the negative publicity about wls patients gaining all their weight back.  They should have to pay back their insurance company if they do.  Everyone who fails wls makes it harder for others to get surgery. 

Most Active