I feel like a failure

mama_of_two
on 1/8/14 4:28 am - UT

I have state insurance while my husband is going to school because he is not working and this is the 2nd time I have been on the 6month supervised diet and not been able to loose the %10 percent body weight that is required to get WLS.  I am able to lose the 30lbs in a year, but I just haven't been able to do it in 6months.

I am 35 years old, my BMI is 47, so need to loose 30lbs. I am pregnant so I will have to try again after I have my baby. I do not eat junk food all day. I try to eat healthy, but I have PCOS.  Sometimes I do overeat. I have tried the liquid diet, but I get really sick and I cannot function and take care of my small children. I cannot get a job at Starbucks and use their insurance because my husband canno****ch our children nor can anyone else while I was working. 

I have tried low carb like the Belly Fat cure which I know I can loose weight on, but I feel like I am starving without enough carbs and I can't seem to stay on it. I feel so discouraged.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Please help

Thank you,

~Desperate Mother

shoutjoy
on 1/8/14 4:36 am - Culpeper, VA

Hi there,

It is difficult to lose weight in any way but I have to say hang in there.  It might be a good idea to learn a little bit about what carbs and proteins do in the body.  How they are processed and what good and the bad of it.  It may help you understand why you aren't getting the results you want.  Carbs tend to turn into sugars in the body.  Proteins will make you feel hungry longer.  Knowledge is power and the more you understand about nutrition the more tools you will have to overcome the obstacles.  You can do it!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

MickeyDee
on 1/8/14 2:54 pm

I think you meant to say that proteins would help keep the OP feel full longer.  Unfortunately, for some folks, carbs make them hungry very quickly.  Part of insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.

shoutjoy
on 1/8/14 7:31 pm - Culpeper, VA

Me bad! You are right!  That is what I meant.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shiftling
on 1/8/14 7:30 am, edited 1/8/14 7:30 am - Kelowna BC, Canada

You're not a failure! You're pregnant with PCOS, and really lucky! Just focus on that first.

I have PCOS also and it's a rough battle, I know. I switched to a dense protein and veggies only diet to lose weight faster. I drink a lot of water between meals, too. Flushes hormones out faster, I find. I'll be trying to get pregnant this year or next, so wish me luck! 

Anne-Marie (Amry)
  Tangental pixie of chiming in and support through the usage of cuteness overload.

S L E E V E D!  

Valerie G.
on 1/8/14 8:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

That many lbs is rough, considering it took me 18 mos to losse a whole 23 lbs on my longest attempt to lose weight.  Have you confirmed your requirement with the insurance company?  If you haven't, do so.  If it's just the surgeon's requirement, get another.  This is not a common requirement.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MickeyDee
on 1/8/14 2:59 pm

Eat more protein rather than white refined carbs.  Carbs turn into sugars very quickly which then make you feel very hungry.  Part of Metabolic Syndrome.  Look it up on sciencedaily.com.  Good protein, complex carbs, lotsa water.  I found that totally removing refined white foods (pasta, rice, bread, potatoes) from the house was the best way to reduce temptation.  If you get hungry, wrap a piece of good sliced roast beef in some cheese, add a dab of mustard and a leaf of romaine lettuce and voila--you've got a healthy meal.