Diverticulosis

Another Fatone
on 1/8/14 10:47 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

10 years ago the gastro Dr said I had diverticulosis. The report says so with color photos.

Today I had routine colonoscopy by my new gastro Dr and his report makes no mention of diverticulosis. My FU appt is in 2 weeks.

Question: Can diverticulosis go away??

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Member Services
on 1/8/14 10:50 am - Irvine, CA

Hi hryderiii,

We are happy things turned out great for you.  This may be something you want to discuss with your surgeon/doctor as they know your medical history... Keep us posted on how you do!

Another Fatone
on 1/8/14 11:30 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I promise...

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

cabin111
on 1/8/14 11:51 am

I have it too...don't want to keep spelling it.  Just because you have it, doesn't mean you will get diverticulitis.  Some people get it...Some don't.

Mary Gee
on 1/8/14 4:59 pm

I had a minor attack several years ago - several episodes of horrible pain for a day or two - then it went away.

Then a year later, I was admitted to the hospital with "it" -- all day long I had on/off sharp pains that made me double over in agony.  Also made several trips to the bathroom for "mini D attacks" -- ended up going by ambulance from work after the pain caused me to vomit.   Was hospitalized for 3-4 days.

It never happened again.  I was told to avoid nuts, seeds, etc. - but can eat them today with no problems.

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

Another Fatone
on 1/23/14 8:00 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

My F/U with the gastro Dr was yesterday. No sign of diverticulosis says the Dr. The lab report says 2 non-malignant polyps.

Now I am scheduled next month for the scope down the esophagus. My RNY Dr Keith Kim says it is ok to do as long as the gastro Dr knows I had the bypass surgery.    

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Most Active