Get back on track

tbazz12
on 1/27/14 3:55 am - MI

I has RNY June 2009, I lost 110lbs which put me to a weight of 119. I was so sick though. The first  6 months I was in and out of the ER 8x and the 2 hospital stays were 6 days each, with the last one they ended up give me TPN (total parenteral nutrition). I never really got the chance to "work my way" up like others would have. I barely ate and most of the time I couldnt handle anything. Well, time got away from me and here I am realizing I have gained weight but. Not learning the right way to eat. I have low blood sugars so its hard to get started again. Please if you have anything that might help me. I cant handle protein drinks, they are to strong for me and messes with my vitamins and mineral levels. For 2 years I lived off of the Carnation Instant breakfast drinks.

I would like to lose the 30lbs I have put back on. Cant wait for spring to start really walking again.

Thank you in advance for you thoughts and advise.

Member Services
on 1/27/14 7:50 am - Irvine, CA

Hi tbazz12,

It happens to all of us at one time or another.  Kudos to you for saying enough is enough and coming here for help.  As hard as it is you need to get back to the basics.  Here is a link to a great group to do just that.  

Back On Track Together

Keep us posted!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/27/14 8:03 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM Pacific Time, tbazz12 wrote:

I has RNY June 2009, I lost 110lbs which put me to a weight of 119. I was so sick though. The first  6 months I was in and out of the ER 8x and the 2 hospital stays were 6 days each, with the last one they ended up give me TPN (total parenteral nutrition). I never really got the chance to "work my way" up like others would have. I barely ate and most of the time I couldnt handle anything. Well, time got away from me and here I am realizing I have gained weight but. Not learning the right way to eat. I have low blood sugars so its hard to get started again. Please if you have anything that might help me. I cant handle protein drinks, they are to strong for me and messes with my vitamins and mineral levels. For 2 years I lived off of the Carnation Instant breakfast drinks.

I would like to lose the 30lbs I have put back on. Cant wait for spring to start really walking again.

Thank you in advance for you thoughts and advise.

My advice is don't wait for weather to change to start walking again.

Go to the mall and walk laps indoors. Visit your local recreation center and walk around the gym. Find out if your local HS or MS have open gym time. You can't only exercise when the weather is good or you'll never be in shape--even if you live in Florida, but surely not if you are in MI. :)

Get out there--walk that booty off!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active