SUPPORT

sjkern
on 2/2/14 3:47 am - wadena, MN

I need more support from wife for sure. I dont feel or here much at all....mainly about the cost it might be or can Ihandle it. She is kinda quit but been married now 19 years. with a 15 yr old boy and a10 year old girl. I could use and feel more protection from her that I will havesomeone by my side. And in the future.

Amy R.
on 2/2/14 3:59 am

First off, you're probably not gonna believe this, but I actually have friends in Wadena.  Small world=)

Anyway. Have you flat-out told her that you need her to be more supportive?  Does she know that one of the huge benefits of WLS is more  time with your family and more ability to do things with kiddos and such? 

It's hard, because there are no magic answers for this particular dilemma. You and your wife have to work it out between the two of you on your own.  Professional counseling would be a good option if you feel you're not understanding each other or getting through to each other.

What surgery are you having, and when?

amy

Gwen M.
on 2/2/14 6:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you asked her for more support?  And given her concrete examples of what "more support" might look like?  That's always a great place to start. 

You might also want to take her to a seminar if your surgeon has those and perhaps a support group meeting as well!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

PetHairMagnet
on 2/5/14 2:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM Pacific Time, sjkern wrote:

I need more support from wife for sure. I dont feel or here much at all....mainly about the cost it might be or can Ihandle it. She is kinda quit but been married now 19 years. with a 15 yr old boy and a10 year old girl. I could use and feel more protection from her that I will havesomeone by my side. And in the future.

Not really sure what you mean by protection from her. 

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more and give some helpful examples.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!