I know this question has been asked before but I am new to Medicare and need to know what...

Angela M.
on 2/17/14 2:45 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with

I went to the website and all it tells me is to make sure my Part A and Part B deductibles are paid up.  Help!  I need to know their guidelines.  Diets, counseling, etc.

Thank you very much!

317/287/170

Mary Catherine
on 2/17/14 5:47 pm

The only guidelines that I know of might be with your medicare supplement plan.  Check with them, if you have a supplement.

poet_kelly
on 2/17/14 7:06 pm - OH

Call 1-800-MEDICARE and they will answer all your questions.  When I had surgery with Medicare five years ago, they did not require any supervised diet up front.  I think they did require a psych eval but they did not require counseling.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nativeprincess35
on 2/18/14 3:04 am

I'm sorry Angela.....what guidelines specifically are you looking for?  What procedure or surgery are you looking to have?

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics