Visit with my PCP, and a family emergency.

Scribbler
on 2/20/14 5:07 am

My blood pressure is excellent... in the past few years, it's been trending high. Well not anymore! 27 pounds later, I'm running 112/65 or thereabouts. For me, that's phenomenal.  I renewed my prescription for BP meds, but my PCP seemed unconvinced that I would need them much longer. We agreed to check back in 3 months. Me, I don't think I will be able to wean off of them that fast, and said so. I've just struggled with BP issues for so long, you know?

Managed a scrambled egg upon returning home. I'm tolerating soft proteins and purees very well, but the old digestive issues keep cropping up. I'm so tired of diarrhea every time I eat something. I think my bowel's gotten a bit touchy. Hope it goes away eventually.

There has been a tragedy in our family and I may have to travel. I don't know yet. Seems like whenever something really bad happens, I end up being the one they call to come out and help. I'm afraid of traveling and upsetting my new tummy so for now I said no. I still don't fit in plane seats and I'm only just over 2 weeks out. On the other hand I know they really need me. So I'm torn.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Patm
on 2/20/14 5:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is hard when people rely on you. But perhaps right now is your time to take care of you. You need to be a little selfish and let yourself heal.

Scribbler
on 2/20/14 6:47 am

They're going to be fine. I was able to dispense needed advice over the phone. Everybody's gotten their stuff together and are functioning. It's a stressful time, a death in the family is always hard, but I'm just a phone call or a Skype away if I'm needed. I'm the "crisis counselor" of the bunch, it seems. Mostly because I'm good at keeping my head.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/14 5:31 am

For one thing you are not being selfish.You are still healing and need to take care of yourself.We can only do so much in a day.Sometimes it is okay to let other people handle things.

Scribbler
on 2/20/14 5:34 am

For now, they are just going to have to deal with it. I'm usually the one they call in because I don't get hysterical when the proverbial poo hits the fan. I trust some other family members to grow up and not get hysterical even if I'm not there. I'm going to keep calling though, just to make sure nobody's losing their minds.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/14 9:43 am

I totally understand.I have not been the greatest daughter in the world lately but I know I have to keep taking care of myself.It is so often there is one in the family that can keep their head on right.I would check in when you feel you need to.Take care.Yes they do have to grow up sometimes.But I bet you are younger than they are.

Scribbler
on 2/20/14 10:37 am

I'm the oldest of my siblings, and they view me as the responsible, know-it-all big sister. Yes, I was a bit bossy in childhood. :) But, older relatives who should know better, often turn to ME to help them cool their jets - 30 years their junior! How in the hell.

I've also had crisis counseling training, and they know it. And I can usually come up with the right things to say to jerk them back into a healthy frame of mind. Although truthfully... I'm more of a problem solver, and better at laying out a course of action rather than being a shoulder to cry on.

I'm also the one who's usually disposed to hop on a plane (business class only, stupid huge butt) and fly out and lend a hand. This time, though, I'm helping 'em long distance.

Gwen M.
on 2/20/14 5:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm confused that you don't fit in plane seats - do you carry your weight especially in your hips?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Scribbler
on 2/20/14 6:36 am

Yes, I hate my body! My torso and arms are remarkably slim and toned. I think my calves are beautiful. But I have huge "saddlebags" on my hips that are so unsightly and give me a wide butt. And my lower belly is gigantic and it makes me look like a freak.

Gwen M.
on 2/20/14 6:37 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Blah!  How annoying!  I hope that you'll soon be able to fly with ease and enjoyment!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active