Scheduled Gastric Sleeve in Juarez Mexico

Khaley321
on 2/28/14 4:42 am

Hello all,

I am scheduled to have the gastric sleeve procedure done on March 6th in Juarez, Mexico at Star Medica Hospital with Dr. Rodriguez.  I am going to be traveling by myself and starting to feel extremely nervous because of the crime rate and bad stories that come from Juarez.  Can anyone tell me about their experience with having Dr. Rodriguez as a physician, with traveling into Juarez, OR the use of BeLiteWeight?  I went through BeLiteWeight and have been talking with the patient facilitator named Ishi.

Thank you!  I appreciate all comments and experiences, good or bad. 

christinamudd
on 2/28/14 5:58 am, edited 2/28/14 5:58 am

I'm sorry, all due respect, but are you high!? "Los Zetas" the most violent and deadly "gang" pretty much in the world right now run Juarez!   They literally pick of US federal officers on the border with snipers!  I have a news story for you!

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/nov/18/world/la-fg-wn-mexico-family-eight-killed-juarez-20131118

If you're going to mexio, go to TJ.  It is at least 1,000,000,000 safer!  Juarez is literally dubbed the Murder Capital.  Make sure you do a ton of research on who you can trust down there!  US citizens and Mexican citizens for that matter die DAILY in Juarez Mexico.  Be very very very careful.  

christinamudd
on 2/28/14 6:01 am, edited 2/28/14 6:04 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/world/americas/wave-of-violence-swallows-more-women-in-juarez-mexico.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If you insist on going to Juarez, please follow the State Department's guide to safety.  

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=14380  

poet_kelly
on 2/28/14 7:24 am - OH

Since the State Department recommends deferring all non-essential travel to the area, I would defer my WLS.  I certainly wouldn't want to be alone in a dangerous city right after surgery.  They recommend not traveling anywhere after dark - what if you get sick and need to get medication or go to the emergency room or something at night?  Why did you choose the have surgery in Juarez instead of a safer part of Mexico?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Hislady
on 2/28/14 8:56 am - Vancouver, WA

Th so called facilitators will tell you whatever will get your money there for them to pluck, they will and do lie to you! I wouldn't go to Juarez for anything even during the day. Find another surgeon, there are several good ones in much safer cities, check with the VSG forum for some names.

ReginaPhelange
on 2/28/14 12:38 pm
RNY on 02/24/14

I live an hour away from Juarez.   I would not even consider going there!  When I was looking at self pay I was looking at  Monterey and Tijuana.   Juarez is the most dangerous place on earth.   Please look elsewhere.   

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

deartiara
on 3/3/14 4:05 am - Seattle

Not sure how to say this nicely... but Juarez is asking for trouble. My mother-in-law is from Juarez and will not return to visit family, shop, or any other reason. Personally, I will be having surgery in TJ on March 18. While other's are concerned with TJ as well, I have been to TJ several times for dental work and know that it is much safer than Juarez. They don't even compare. Juarez has always had a history of being violent, especially against women. 

Are you able to change to TJ?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1143 views