How easy it is o forget how to use our wls.

Kate -True Brit
on 2/28/14 9:10 pm - UK

I think I am back on track after gaining more than I would have liked over the last six months or so. Not dangerous at the moment but will be if unchecked. Simply being complacent and too relaxed! Happens to many of us, I think, when we are many years post-op. So I need to lose weight! I am NOT going to buy new, larger clothes!!!

But it has just been brought home to me that, if I eat the way I am supposed to, the way I did while losing and for the early years of maintaining, my surgery still does what is is supposed to! 

I went to the butcher to buy some chicken and got side-tracked and came home with fillet steak! Just cooked a smallish piece. Melt in the mouth tender. But after just half of it, I pushed the rest away. I physically could have eaten it, I never keep my band tight, but just felt satisfied. 

Reminder to Kate, solid dense protien satisfies. I can't handle tougher steaks but I need to make sure I get back to starting always with either meat or the more "meaty" fish, then  crunchy vegs, carbs only if room left. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Amy R.
on 2/28/14 10:40 pm

Good reminder not just to you Kate, but to all of us fighting regain.  I've got 8lbs to go and I'll be back where the doc ordered, but it's been a struggle.  I had regained over 40 pounds.

I'm so grateful for this surgery though.  Because I don't have to diet - even while fighting regain.  I just have to eat appropriately for my surgery, and that's not hard to do.  I had just let myself get lazy.

Ken C.
on 2/28/14 10:48 pm, edited 2/28/14 10:49 pm
VSG on 03/11/14

I'm leaving that behavior pattern of apathy about my weight gain too. It has been usual for me to kick back and relax,  don't weigh myself and just eat normally. Next thing I know 10 lbs is back.

mylastchance
on 2/28/14 11:34 pm

I relate to this also.  "Normal" life comes a knockin and all of a sudden there is 20 little uninvited friends along with it.  Working on the protein first and most and leaving those carbs out.  It is so easy to revert back to old habits, and tend to have a little of the "I'll never go back there again" but we can go back there if not careful.  I don't want that ever again, so working on those friends to leave me again and keep them at bay. 

Hope you all continue to lose them and let keep them away too.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

huskergalWsD
on 3/2/14 1:39 am

I always work on the fiber first then the protein, fiber seems to keep me full more than protein, never understood why they say protein keeps you feeling full and satisfied.. always stay in check, my scale does this for me every day I weigh 2X morning and night.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Kate -True Brit
on 3/2/14 2:36 am - UK
On March 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

I always work on the fiber first then the protein, fiber seems to keep me full more than protein, never understood why they say protein keeps you feeling full and satisfied.. always stay in check, my scale does this for me every day I weigh 2X morning and night.

Different wls, different individuals! We all have to do what works for us. For me it is protein. Fibre makes me feel full quickly but it doesn't last  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

AnneGG
on 3/2/14 2:09 am

Good point, Kate. I do have to work with my surgery and remember I have to do that.

My small tummy helps a lot as long as I don't graze, which is my favorite past time, as well as emotional eating which is another one. Oh, and eating white carbs and sugar and bad fats just because... And avoiding exercise just because it's a pain in my rear and I don't like it. And not taking my vitamins because I don't feel like it. And not listening to my head which provides such lovely and reasonable and varied excuses for why not.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1355 views