Mexico for Surgery

mommabear2007
on 3/3/14 10:06 am
with

OKay, has anyone out there had theur surgery in Tijuana at the Bariatric Center?  please PM me as Im a bit scared but excited....

Cindy B
on 3/3/14 10:24 am
RNY on 03/19/14

I know someone who had the lap band done their....Sorry to say 8 mo later he is not with us anymore....be careful.

mommabear2007
on 3/3/14 10:30 am
with

what happened??

rziller
on 3/3/14 1:24 pm
VSG on 03/08/14

I work in the medical field and I'm going to TJ to get surgery, but I'm using another physician (Dr. Ramos Kelly.) I didn't research the doctor you're using as I know people that have used Dr. Ramos Kelly and been very successful. With that being said, other people (who have done tons of research) have used your surgeon and speak very highly of him. I'm sure he's fine. All bariatric surgeons operate on people who are morbidly obese and who, because of their obesity, have serious health problems. Not every story is going to have a happy ending, but that doesn't make the surgeon a bad surgeon. 

This forum can be a great resource, and I'm so grateful for it; however, it can also be somewhat of a curse because it gives everyone (and I'm including myself) a venue for discussing things when we don't know all the facts and for discussing things that we've heard 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hand!

if you've made your decision, feel good about it and use the time between now and your surgery to learn as much as you can. I'm so inspired by all of the success stories and hope to be one myself some day!

Best of luck to you, and I'll see you on the loser's bench!

46 year old female- 5' 6"- Highest weight (11/2013):245; Surgery weight(3/8/2014): 231 Current Weight (5/14/14): 199.4 (PreOp: -5; M1: -18; M2: -8)

Most Active