fibroids

lacygirlcat
on 3/3/14 4:05 am - Morehead, KY

I'm 7 years out rny and looking into treatments for fibroid Tumers...afraid of gaining weight with hysterecomy...any advise?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEW2DAL/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wEW2DAL/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/14 4:19 am

I had a full hysterectomy three years ago.I had WLS surgery in October 2013 I am down 100 pounds since my hysterectomy. I feel so much better.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/14 4:27 am

I am postmenopausal.  I am on HRT - bioidentical.  That was the right way for me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/3/14 5:00 am

I had a hysterectomy but not a salpingo-oophorectomy last April. Weight gain has not been a problem.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sheanie
on 3/3/14 5:04 am
On March 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time, RosyKate 73 wrote:

I had a hysterectomy but not a salpingo-oophorectomy last April. Weight gain has not been a problem.

And you, my lovely, are one smart cookie.  Keeping your ovaries is a very wise decision.  And THAT is why you are not gaining weight.  But I'm no doctor.  Just a self-educated advocate for staying several steps ahead of our doctors. 

Oophorectomy, for those who don't know, is removal of the ovaries, or CASTRATION in females.  Now, when was the last time you heard of a man having his testicles removed to prevent the future risk of testicular cancer?  Or of having a gonadogram to detect cancer in the testicles?  I rest my case.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/3/14 5:38 am, edited 3/3/14 8:46 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I had Stage 3c colon cancer in my mid-40s and a history of morbid obesity.  Prior to WLS, they found a large cyst on or around my right ovary.  I opted to have both ovaries and tubes removed at the same time as my WLS.  There are studies that indicate a link between colon cancer, ovarian cancer and obesity.  My oncologist, PCP, three OB-GYNs and bariatric surgeon agreed that this would be a wise decision given my history.

There are situations when an oophorectomy is indicated.  I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that anyone who selected this procedure is not a "smart cookie."  Maybe I'm hormone dumping.  Ooops, I don't have any more hormones to dump.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/3/14 6:06 am

Sorry, Mo, if I sounded like an asshat.

on 3/3/14 6:38 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Rosy, you couldn't sound like an asshat to me if you tried.  I did not take it that way at all.  I love all who roll around in the sand box.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/3/14 8:39 am

on 3/3/14 8:41 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Most Active