Flying after surgery?

Alexxandra
on 3/4/14 10:59 pm

I'm looking into cash pay options in Texas (where I live) and Mexico. But my dad has some major concerns about flying just a few days after surgery. I have never flown before, but from what I understand it can be uncomfortable enough as an obese person let alone after surgery. Does anyone have any information on this subject? 

Member Services
on 3/5/14 1:13 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Alexxandra,

We would be glad to assist you finding a surgeon.  Check  your email as we have sent you some links to surgeons profiles for your review.  The best source to get feedback on flying back after surgery in MX is the Mexico Forum

Regards,

Member Services

mkvand
on 3/5/14 7:36 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I had surgery in Mexico.  Surgery was on a Monday, and I flew home that Wednesday.  My surgeon provided a pillow to place over my stomach, between it and the seat belt.  I was fine.  Also, if you're in Texas and worried about flying, why not drive?  My surgeon was one mile over the border (Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras).

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Valerie G.
on 3/7/14 10:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Many surgeons require you to stay local for up to two weeks.  They want you close in the event that any complications arise. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active