What is with tailbone pain?

A. Me
on 3/7/14 9:49 pm
RNY on 04/05/10 with

How many of you experience tailbone pain after the great weight loss?  And how did you manage the discomfort? 

Nikke2003
on 3/7/14 9:55 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

YES - I have been experiencing it for awhile. I believe it's from having less padding in the buttocks lol

The only way I've found to deal with it is that I"m sitting here at my computer, on my computer chair that has a butt cushion on it - literally. I got it for Christmas lol. If someone has a magical way to make it go away I'm all ears!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Jen Lyn
on 3/7/14 10:20 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

I have it. I am going to buy a donut pillow.  I also feel my ribs when I lie on my stomach. It woke me up because I thought the dog put a chewy in my bed and it was poking me.

lacey34
on 3/7/14 11:00 pm

I've had this for years.  It always feels like it's fully exposed.  I do the heavy chair padding and donut thing. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/14 11:41 pm

My tailbone hurts.My butt used to have a lot more cushion than it does now.

phred
on 3/8/14 12:12 am - CO

This is why God invented the ****yx pillow.  You can purchase them over the internet if you can't find them locally.

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Kate -True Brit
on 3/8/14 12:47 am - UK

Mine lasted a year or so. I didn't use a doughnut cushion but a special ****yx one with a slope towards the front and a wedge shape cut out the back. I felt a real fool when I travelled in the Middle East and spent a lot of time on buses and trains and carried it everywhere, tied to my enormous backpack. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/8/14 2:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Count me in! I apparently have a long tailbone anyway. I found a butt pillow that's both a donut type AND it has a tailbone cutout, and it's worked like a charm since I got it.

I ordered it on Amazon, and it's the best $30 I've spent recently!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

bubba002
on 3/8/14 10:11 am - MO

I don't know why but mine started the day after surgery 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1450 views