Pregnancy advice :)

cudagirl15
on 3/9/14 12:00 am

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on. (Feeling guilty!) I had bypass in December of 2011 at 21 years old. I was 302 and was down to 160. I found out I am now pregnant. I am about 11-12 weeks but having a very hard time! Feeling so nauseous and keep gagging awful! I do throw up about twice to three times a week. I know I'm not the first to get pregnant after the surgery..does anyone have any tips for me at all? Anything would help! I know that there's not much to do to help with the nausea but I'm so concerned about my little baby not getting the proper nutrition. Thanks for your advice :) 

also, sorry it is very detailed! :)

Member Services
on 3/9/14 1:08 am - Irvine, CA

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, WOOHOO!  If you have not done so already please post this on our Pregnancy after Weight Loss Surgery   Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Regards,

Member Services

LiViAnN_mommy
on 3/9/14 6:29 am - Citrus heights, CA

It is scary when you can't hold anything down, when I was pregnant I couldn't keep anything down the whole first trimester and lost about 15 lbs. I got my appetite back and then some right about the 2nd trimester and  gained about 30lbs when I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She was a little on the small size but she is doing great at 3.5. The baby will take what they need from you. Just make sure you get in your prenatles and lots of water. They make preggpops that help with the morning sickness I didn't find out about them till the end so I'm not sure if they work. I know it sucks but it will get better. Good luck! And congrats! (Oh I should say I was 2.5 years out from surgery)

Most Active