Cucumbers

Felicia O'Connor
on 3/10/14 10:28 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

Question......can it be a bad thing that I crave cucumbers? I eat about 3 to 4 a day. This has been happening for 2 yrs now. Anyone else have this issue? I'm trying to cut back to 2 a day.

thanks

Linda_S
on 3/10/14 12:38 pm - Eugene, OR

Unless you're eating some that are heavily sprayed with pesticides, I think you should be fine.  They're a non-starchy vegetable.  Healthy food, what's not to like?

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Felicia O'Connor
on 3/10/14 1:59 pm - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

I eat them plain......no dressings or salt added. Better than chips! Lol

Eggface
on 3/10/14 2:18 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I don't do bread or crackers so cucumbers are my crackers. Love them. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/07/cucum ber-crackers.html

I don't eat 3 to 4 a day but I go through a few a week.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MrBizMAn
on 3/10/14 5:36 pm - ND

Not a bad thing at all. A very good thing to be hooked on actually. As long as your not drowning them in ranch keep on eating them as much as you wish.

Follow me at gastricguy.com and be sure to like the Facebook page also. If you have any friends that are thinking about having surgery send them to my blog. 

Felicia O'Connor
on 3/11/14 12:36 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

So happy to hear it's ok to eat cucumbers, I eat them plain! No dressings, no salt, no lemon....plain! I am trying to cut back on 2. I love the crunch. My local grocery store always stocks a lot for me, I even got a few workers hooked on them. Better than potato chips. I wake up in the morning have one with coffee, then cut one up to take with me for lunch time snack and then I have one when I get home from work. I work out in the field, so not a lot of options to eat anywhere. I don't do fast food at all. I take my own food or go to trader joes for a salad. I bring my own protein shake along with me. 

Felicia

PetHairMagnet
on 3/11/14 7:01 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband loves them, but only if the seeds are removed. The seeds make him queasy. 

He has maybe three a WEEK, but if your nutritionist is not against you having them, I cannot imagine a reason not to have them!

:)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active