Celebrating 11 years post op today

shelbabey
on 3/11/14 3:33 am - San Jose, CA

Just stopping by OH to update my page. It's been 11 years today since my life changed. This site has changed. The photos I once had throughout my profile are sadly gone but I know my journey. I just wanted to share the link here for anyone just starting out. May you be inspired to create your own success story.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/shelbabey/blog/2014/03/11/ 11-years-today/

Patm
on 3/11/14 4:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. I love to read success stories. Glad you live is going well.

SandieMc49
on 3/11/14 4:35 am

Wow, wow - thank you - and again, wow!

racegirl
on 3/11/14 4:41 am

Wow, let me just say that you look amazing.its so good to read the stories and look at before and after pics. You were beautiful before, but even more now. Thank you for sharing your story and pics. It keeps all of us motivated and on track. i just celebrated my 5 years and I know from my journey its wonderful. Lots of hard work, dedication, all kinds of changes in life for sure.  

Amy R.
on 3/11/14 5:44 am

Thanks for taking the time to share a very positive WLS story.

Unfortunately, we see so many  more stories of the complications - the nature of the site I suppose.  It's just nice to see some good news that far out.

Congrats=)

shelbabey
on 3/11/14 5:48 am - San Jose, CA

Believe me, I know the other side. My mom had and RNY 3 mos after me and has never been the same. What she has gone through kills me because I have been such a success and she's had nothing but trouble with permanent life long complications she will never be the same from. So, I know both sides. I've seen the bounceback and weight gain. This is not easy and I hate anytime some says that to have weight loss surgery is somehow an easy way out. It isn't. Ask my mom.  I have a lot of detail on what she's gone through in my profile/blog (so many changes here in 11 years!)

Thank you for appreciating my experience.

PetHairMagnet
on 3/11/14 6:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Wonderful--happy anniversary to you!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

mstine37
on 3/11/14 9:43 am - mobile, AL

it has been 11 years for me this week also...way to go..congrats to both of us.

Sue M.
on 3/11/14 5:28 pm - Jackson, CA

Congratulations on your surgerversary. 11 years is awesome. November is my 6year wls anniversary. I have maintained most of the weight I lost. I gained back 60 out of the 210. I am finding it very hard to lose any of the 60. I am doing the yo yo thing.

Most Active