Dr. E. Ortiz or Dr. I. Cabrera

sassy0108
on 3/13/14 5:28 am

Hello All,

I am looking to have the gastric sleeve surgery within the next couple of months.  After hours and hours of research, I think I have narrowed it down to Dr. Elias Ortiz and Dr. Ismael Cabrera.  I appreciate all of the information shared on OH and am looking forward to your feedback about these doctors.

Thank you.

deartiara
on 3/13/14 6:55 am - Seattle

I have not had surgery yet. I am scheduled to have bypass surgery on March 18, 2014 with Dr. Elias Ortiz. The reason I chose Dr. Ortiz was the online presence he has. I love the fact that he is involved with his patients online. I like that they "sing his praises" over facebook. A year or so out and patients of Dr. Ortiz are still going to A Lighter Me facebook page and saying how much they appreciate the entire team. I like that I can send him a chat message and he responds. I also had an endoscopy on March 6, and Dr. Ortiz wanted to be certain that my physician here in Georgia still gave his support with bypass surgery. To me, that means it was not about the money. It was about my overall health. Those were my reasons. Good luck with your journey.

sassy0108
on 3/13/14 7:04 am

Thank you.  Have you been going through A Lighter Me?  If so,  would you mind sharing your coordinator name? 

I noticed that you are near Atlanta as well.  I would love to hear how your surgery went or even meet for a walk (I know you will be following post op eating guidelines).

Thank you for your response. 

deartiara
on 3/13/14 7:58 am - Seattle
On March 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM Pacific Time, sassy0108 wrote:

Thank you.  Have you been going through A Lighter Me?  If so,  would you mind sharing your coordinator name? 

I noticed that you are near Atlanta as well.  I would love to hear how your surgery went or even meet for a walk (I know you will be following post op eating guidelines).

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, I am using A Lighter Me. My coordinator is Janese. I live in Marietta, GA about 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta. Yes, I would love to meet anytime. Where are you located? I fly to San Diego on Saturday morning (going a little early for a birthday party). Yes, I will be following all guidelines. This is a serious surgery and can't take it lightly. I will attempt to be the overachiever with this one. LOL. Don't have to like it, just have to do it, right. 

Not sure how to inbox messages, or I would send you my telephone number. 

Member Services
on 3/13/14 8:18 am - Irvine, CA

Hello,

Here are their profiles.  Be sure and read the reviews from other members that have had surgery with them.  If you would like for us to assist you with contacting the surgeon, please emails us at [email protected]

Ismael Cabrera, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Ismael Cabrera Garcia, MD is a skilled surgeon specializing in metabolic and bariatric surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Cabrera has education and training in both ... www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/ismael-cabrera/

Jesus Elias Ortiz, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Elias Ortiz is a bariatric surgeon who is experienced in all bariatric procedures in Tijuana, Mexico. Basic: Primary: From 1987-1993, Francisco Javier Mina ... w   ww.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/jesus-elias-ortiz/

Most Active