Newbie!

JJ0609
on 3/11/14 11:11 pm

I am a RNY patient who in November had to have a resection done due to extreme stomach pain and pressure. Thankfully this surgeon, Dr. Black, found  a candy cane like section left from first surgeon and removed it. It was causing food to back up into my stomach like two pouches fighting for one drainage as well as it would allow my stomach to hold twice as much food as surgery intended. (This caused my weight to creep back up after the initial lose.) I am thankful that I kept a close eye on my weight and fought very hard not to gain more than I did. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong when my eating habits had not changed and I started gaining weight after a few years of eating the same way. It was as though one morning my body said okay today is the day that I will only accept this many calories and the rest will be stored as fat despite the fact that I had eaten the same way for years after losing down to 118lbs. I did some research and found out that people gained some weight back after initial lose. But over two years I gained up to 146 and I was very frustrated with my body and myself. I began getting fearful that I had done all this only to gain it all back meanwhile being told it was normal. But I knew my body was not normal. I knew something was wrong with the way I felt, hurt, digested food, gurgled, etc. Then, I found out about how the extra skin had been left and how it could very well be the problem. Well, I had the surgery and I do not hurt after I eat!!!! I have had to adjust to eating smaller portions again but that has been easy. I lost 10 lbs. the first week. I am working on losing some weight while re-learning portion control. So I am glad I found this site. I look forward to making friends and learning from all of you and your experiences.   

Member Services
on 3/12/14 8:13 am - Irvine, CA

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1472 views