barrett's

sandrafoti
on 3/12/14 12:16 am

8 years with lap band revision to RNY scheduled for April 14. Though I was happy with it and the weight loss, in retrospect the LB hasn't been that great for me.  Had one HH and one slip repaired.  I've lost and KEPT off 200 lbs but at 180, could lose more.  Have been suffering with terrible reflux, daily vomiting, etc.  My UGI showed diliatation of the esophagus and removal is warranted.  My surgeon will remove and revise during the same surgery.  He hasn't recommended an endoscopy but from what I've read, it's a possibility that I have BE it and his office will schedule me for one for my piece of mind.  Interested in hearing from others about barrett's, about how you manage to take so many vitamins each day and about dumping.  Good luck to all and thank you in advance.  Can't wait for my revision.  My LB is completely unfilled and my symptoms are all gone!! I am also enjoying eating WAY TOO MUCH.  Sandra.

Laura in Texas
on 3/12/14 6:10 am

Barrett's esophagus can lead to esophageal cancer, so please take care of yourself. My father died of esophageal cancer.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NHPOD9
on 3/12/14 6:58 am

I have Barrett's and go for yearly endoscopies. I take a PPI daily and don't really encounter any issues, like heartburn, any longer.  Interestingly, if it wasn't for my stricture early out, they never would have diagnosed me.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius