WILL I EVER EAT AGAIN

meligalv14
on 3/12/14 1:42 am

Yesterday i went to the doctor and told me i had bronchitis, and that is why i have trouble eating like my appetite goes away. WILL I EVER EAT AGAIN WITH MEDICINE THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED ME?? WHY OR WHY NOT?? I havent eaten well in the past 5 days but i still kinda eat.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/12/14 2:04 am - OH

No, you are never, ever going to be able to eat again.  Really?!?

Ok, sarcasm aside, OF COURSE you will eat again!  You SHOULD be eating now.  Just because you don't have much of an appetite doesn't mean you CANNOT eat. Most people don't FEEL much like eating when they are sick, but eat anyway because they know they need the nutrition.

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 3/12/14 8:27 am

A suggestion---if you'll put your surgery date and type on your profile, it'll show up each time you post. This info will help us help you.

I'm 10 years post-op, and I still occasionally have days when I just have an appetite. But I eat anyway, because I know my body needs it, and I'll feel worse in the end if I don't.

poet_kelly
on 3/12/14 9:19 am - OH

Nope.  You will never eat again.  Didn't the doctor tell you?  The medication used to treat bronchitis prevents patients from ever eating again.  You'll need a feeding tube or else you'll starve to death.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/12/14 3:50 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On March 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

Nope.  You will never eat again.  Didn't the doctor tell you?  The medication used to treat bronchitis prevents patients from ever eating again.  You'll need a feeding tube or else you'll starve to death.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

QoftheU
on 3/13/14 5:30 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Kelly!  Sarcasm!  Impressive... most impressive! 

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/13/14 5:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Why do I have a mental image of someone dumping protein shakes down a beer bong?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jdsparkee
on 3/12/14 10:42 am
RNY on 01/28/14

I have thought the same thing a time or two myself! Hang in there, we're all a work in progress!  

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

stratusphr
on 3/13/14 12:42 am - Plano, TX
If you aren't hungry and are eating very little, enjoy it. Take advantage of it. At almost four years out, I eat like a normal person. No guilt, but I FEEL like I can eat a lot of food, and compared to the first year, I CAN eat a lot. Still, I can't and don't eat a cup of food per meal. In my mind, I know that isn't a lot but the paranoid part of me worries that it is quite a bit of food. I'd LOVE to go back to a quarter cup of food being all I could hold. I still try and under eat my sleeve because if I feel full, it's too late. I'm miserable.

Again.......celebrate!!!

"Seas The Day"      

Dr. James Davidson - Dallas, TX

Surgery date: June 11, 2010

Goal reached: December 2010

Weight loss: 84 lbs

Most Active