getting very anxious

DelilahJO
on 3/13/14 2:00 am

so i only have 2 more appt with the dietitian and everything can be submitted to my ins! i know i should be very happy but i am sooo beyond nervous that i will get denied. my bariatric center doesnt think there will be any problem with my ins and i shouldnt worry. any thoughts?

newyork48
on 3/13/14 2:56 am

I was at the same point you are at.  I actually postponed meeting with the physician because I called my insurance carrier and the person I spoke with said they didn't cover bariatric surgery!  She was totally wrong!  I waited an extra 4 months for nothing!  I just had my surgery Monday and am now home recovering, when I could have been 4 months out had I not listened to her!  When I met with my doctor, I was advised (by the PA at the surgeon's office) to call my insurance carrier and give them my group number and policy number and have them check to see if there is a 'bariatric exclusions' on our policy.  She said that if there wasn't one I should be able to get approval.  When I called and they checked, they said 'no'.  Later they approved my application for surgery.  When I called the first time, they didn't even ask me my policy or my group numbers!  She was just speaking in general terms.  I wish I had never made that call!!  You might want to check with your insurance to see if they have any such exclusions.  It might help put your mind at ease!  Good luck!!

DelilahJO
on 3/13/14 9:55 am

thank u! yes i have spoke with my ins and my ins does cover bariatric surgery. and i do meet the criteria. i guess maybe it is just at the point where i really want this change in my life and i am afraid of that not happening. hope u continue to do great :)

poet_kelly
on 3/13/14 3:21 am - OH

Do you meet your insurance company's criteria?  If so, then there's nothing to worry about.  They have to honor your policy and pay for the things your policy covers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DelilahJO
on 3/13/14 9:59 am

yes i have checked and my ins does cover bariatric surgery. just u hear the horror stories of people who say "oh i went through the 6mo weight loss did everything they were suppose to (supposably) and got denied" which as i get further into this i do think this sometimes isnt the case. the person hasnt done everything or hadnt checked their ins etc etc. thanks for your advice :)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1215 views