wanting sweets all the time HELP

samantha_625
on 3/13/14 3:04 am - OH
with

I have sugery nov 5, 2013 that's just a little over three months ago I have lost almost 60 pounds but hers the problem I want something sweet all the time and don't know why I have found myself giving into the sweets and I don't want to has anyone has this problem and if so what did you do to get over this I don't want to put the weight back on help anyone

Patm
on 3/13/14 3:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Many people have this problem. It is how you handle it that will decide your success. ask your centre for a referral for counseling on eating odisorders and find out why you are eating and how to control it

Good luck

Tracy D.
on 3/13/14 4:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Here's the thing...once you give in to the sweets it sets up a vicious cycle where you want more and more of it.  So of course you want it all the time.  The only way to break that cycle is to white-knuckle it and go super-low carb and high protein (no sweets or white stuff****il the carb monster is off your back.  It can take 3-5 days for me to carb detox.    

I think it's also helpful to work with someone who specializes in eating disorders to get at the root of why you're using the food.  I also highly recommend Overeater's Anonymous.  Other than this website, it's the only place I've ever met other people that do the crazy **** with food that I do.  They "get it" - and the recovery is real if you work the program.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

QoftheU
on 3/13/14 5:23 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

What she said.

Carb addiction just feeds into itself.  Kick almost ALL carbs for about a week - and yes, it's a white-knuckle ride, but you CAN do it!  Start now and in one week your cravings will be gone.  The other day my boyfriend had a piece of quiche and I wanted a slice soooo badly that I gave in... and let me tell you, just having that small slice of crust (white flour!), triggered a craving in me for more.  Thankfully I recognized it immediately and cut out carbs for a few days to get it out of my system.  It wasn't that hard this time cuz I only had a taste, but it I'd had more, I'd be back into full-blown addiction.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

White Dove
on 3/13/14 12:04 pm, edited 3/13/14 12:06 pm - Warren, OH

I live on sweets at times, but they are made with protein powder, flaxseed, splenda and egg whites.  There are lots of recipes.  My daily treat was making a protein shake into protein ice cream.  I have a Lello, Jr ice cream maker that has a built in compressor.  Nothing to freeze ahead of time.  It is perfect for throwing in a protein shake and getting a big bowl of ice cream in 20 minutes.

If I am craving ice cream, I don't want meat and vegetables.  Many times my meal has been a flaxseed chocolate brownie muffin in a minute, or a blueberry muffin in a minute, or a big bowl of protein ice cream with a side of my homemade diet cookies.

I satisfy my sweet cravings while keeping my calories, carbs, and sugar low and my protein high.  I don't eat those things as a dessert.  I eat them as a meal.  The body does not really care whether your 200 calories and 30 grams of protein are in the form of a steak or a dish of protein ice cream.  But my mind does. 

I would never have lost the weight and maintained that loss if I had not found ways to satisfy my sweet cravings without adding calories.

Most Active