Yay Yay Yay Yay!!

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/14/14 3:07 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Spoke to a patient advocate in the office of the surgeon where I will most likely be having my surgery and set up my first pre-op appointment! It's for April 9th @ 2:30 pm. I also spoke to my insurance company (which is BC/BS) and our plan does cover Bariatric Surgery, as long as I complete the 7-month diet plan with my doctor and they receive a pre-determination. So..yeah..just getting started and it seems a little overwhelming. I know there's going to be a lot of "hurry up and wait", but I know it will be worth it!

jenorama
on 3/14/14 4:34 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

It's a lot of hoops to jump through, but totally worth it.  I bet you it goes by quicker than you think!  :D

Jen

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/14/14 4:36 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Oh I hope so! I'm ready now, but I know that the insurance company has certain regulations.  

Linda_S
on 3/14/14 5:33 am - Eugene, OR

Good attitude.  Yes, at first, it seems that everything will take forever, but after you get over half-way through, it all seems to snow-ball and go so quickly!  Best wishes to you.  It is so worth it to get your health back!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Tina G.
on 3/16/14 2:30 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi there, OMG I too have surgery on the 9th of April. My surgery is booked for 10:00 am. Where are you from? I'm sorry I'm not sure of abbreviations for all American states..LOL. Is AL Alabama? I am from Ontario, Canada. Would love to chat with you along this journey.

Laura Loses Lots
on 3/16/14 3:21 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

Hi there! Yes Al is Alabama.  :) unfortunately my surgery date hasn't been set yet, April 9th is just my first consultation with my surgeon.  But I'm still very excited to get started and I love chatting with new people!