Need Advice, Pain Oh Stomach Pain

sunshinespring
on 3/18/14 8:56 am - Bay Area, CA

I know I need to go see a Doctor, but I am trying to figure out prior to going if anyone has had this issue, I have gone multiple times for different reasons and never seem to be able to make my point across and that leaves me sick.

I been having pain in my pouch area even last night the pain woke me up, is not an excruciating pain but is uncomfortable, I have nausea and the pain travels from my right pouch area to the left of stomach, I am extremely tired and been like that for days,

Please if you have any experience with something like this, help me!!

by the way my Gastric Bypass was March 2008!

Eggface
on 3/18/14 9:09 am, edited 3/18/14 9:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I'm sorry you are having pain.

Don't let them push you off without a plan. Be very clear with them. "I have been having XXX issues for this long. You have seen me several times regarding this pain and there has been no resolve. What is our plan of action because having pain like this is not normal as I am sure you will agree" and do not leave the office till you have that plan in place. Get some tests and labs scheduled and get some answers. Demand them.

It could be a number of issues related or unrelated to GBS but your Dr needs to take your pain seriously and start ruling some things out.

Hope it is a quick fix and you are feeling 100% again soon. Do update us!!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

sunshinespring
on 3/18/14 9:17 am - Bay Area, CA

Thanks Eggface, I will not leave that office until have some answers, sometimes I just leave because the doctors first reaction is "You are Depressed" "You are fine" and temporarily I feel that is all in my head!! but I know me and I know there is something going on,

Anyways I haven't been in the forum in a long time but sure nice to hear and see all of you guys Here, thanksso much I know I can always come back Home.

Eggface
on 3/18/14 9:49 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I hate the Dr's that have the prescription pad out as your talking. Don't accept the brush off... also ask them if the plan they put in place doesn't work and you are still experiencing issues what's next? and how long before we decide this course of action is not working? etc. Then you can say remember last time you said...

I'd just add document as much as you can, try and recall what you ate & drank the day before, bring that info with you to the Dr, that might help... maybe there's a pattern.

Best to you.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

SandieMc49
on 3/18/14 9:28 pm

Wow, I'm just about in the same boat as you are!  I had an ultrasound and a CT that came back negative, but I'm still having stomach pains that I can't explain.  And I know they're not in my head.  I'm going to my gastro next week (I called and got my apt moved up from May).

You know your body and you sense when something isn't right - keep on it!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/19/14 2:11 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Not sure if it's the same thing, but if I don't eat something with protein in it very close to bedtime, I sometimes wake up with sort of a grumbly-stomach soreness or queasyness in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. If I go eat something, like a piece of chicken or cheese, it goes away fairly quickly, so I'm guessing it's an empty stomach.

Just my guess though, so talking to the doctor should be the best thing to do!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active