The date is set!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/14 8:07 pm - Ringgold, GA
RNY on 04/01/14

Wow!  I'm soooo excited - my surgery date has been set for April 1!!!  So I've started my pre-op diet, and been buying all my stuff - vitamins, protein powder, small storage containers, etc.  It feels like I've been researching the different procedures and going over and over all the info I could in my head for so long, and now it's all coming together so fast, haha!  Also, after reading some of your posts about "not so supportive" family, I'm really grateful that mine has been so good through all this.  A few of them work in healthcare, so I'll be in good hands while recuperating

Thinknthin
on 3/19/14 9:21 pm

Yay!!! Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier you.  My RNY is scheduled for the 8th so I am right after you, I can hardly wait. What type of wls are you getting?

Best Wishes

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/14 10:44 pm - Ringgold, GA
RNY on 04/01/14

I'm also getting the RNY....after much internal debate, lol!  I decided I really need the "negative reinforcement" of dumping to deter my sweet tooth.  Hope all goes well for your procedure!

Manny32
on 3/20/14 9:02 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

woot woot mine is the 8th as well tody i got approved so im all set   hahaha 

spkz007
on 3/19/14 9:32 pm - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Good Luck Kelli. Mine Roux is scheduled for the 10th. My wife had this done and has been very successful. Get ready to buy a lot of new clothes!

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/14 10:57 pm - Ringgold, GA
RNY on 04/01/14

I read your post about your experience with the band....sorry to hear you got "derailed" but I'm sure it's just a temporary setback - it sounds like the bypass will help you get back on track.  It's great that your wife has been through it and done so well - perfect support system!  As for clothes, I've yo-yoed so much, I think I have every size I'll need - until I hit goal weight, of course...then it's time to SPLURGE!   Best wishes for your big day!

JJ0609
on 3/19/14 11:01 pm

It will be here soon. Congratulations. Remember to pack a pillow for your stomach for the ride home and a picture of your family to look at when they are not there. Good luck. I will be praying for you. 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

msstaceya
on 3/20/14 1:23 am - Orlando, FL

Congrats!!  Ims o happy for you.  Its awesome that you have a good support system and the fact that they are in the medial field is an added plus.  When I have my WLS my mom who is a retired surgical nurse will come stay with me for about 2 weeks...I have a 4 yr old so I will need help with her as well.  Good Luck on your surgery.

J_Bell1968
on 3/20/14 1:01 pm

Congratulations !!  I am  scheduled for the 8th.  I go to my final appointment with the Dr. on Monday. Good Luck and keep us posted :-)

Norma 1010
on 3/20/14 1:52 pm - Pflugerville, TX

Congrats!   I'm scheduled for April 9th.  Lets keep in touch.

Norma

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

Most Active