Failed Band but Now Going in for a Roux-N-Y

spkz007
on 3/19/14 9:23 pm - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I was last on here. One of a couple faults of my own doing. You don't realize how much this site keeps you in focus on what you are trying to accomplish until you screw up. Yes I screwed up. Part band fault part my own doing. My band had shifted  because I believe I had to much fluid and I was vomiting a lot after my last fill which was a week before Thanksgiving last year. After a few attempts to correct the problem I had to have it removed. One of my faults was not cutting up my food small enough. Enough with beating myself over and over like I have some many times already. So I am moving on. I am having a Roux-N-Y on April 10th. My wife had one done and has done fantastic on it. She has lost over 140lbs and is now almost in a size 10. She is so happy. I have already started the process of cutting down portions and also part of the Pre-suregery prep work (you know only drinking protein shakes and having a half cup of cottage cheese a day) this is to shrink the liver. I am not 100% hard core on that yet because I'm still 11 days a way from doing the Pre-Op diet. I have found its easier to do the diet if you start cutting back a few weeks before. Anyways, I am really excited for this to happen. I want to lose the rest of my weight. I lost over a 100 lbs with the band, but I need to lose a lot more. So you will see me around here now. I must make this place part of my life to stay on track and focused on the goal at hand. Take care everyone.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/19/14 10:23 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Hey good luck with everything I just wanted to say make sure you are on the RNY board as well because you will get a lot of specific knowledge to the surgery and the post op lifestyle.

spkz007
on 3/19/14 11:48 pm - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Thank you!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 3/19/14 11:53 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Your welcome

MRSBEEBOOP
on 3/20/14 6:23 am

The sleeve is a great option

Cathy W.
on 3/20/14 7:06 am

It will be great for you since your wife had RNY.  You'll be going through the post-op lifestyle changes together. 

I agree with you about being active on OH helps to stay on track.  I know it but to see you write it in your post helped me too.  I'll look for your posts to see how you're doing.

Congrats to you on your upcoming surgery and weight loss with the band AND congrats to your wife for her success as well.

Best regards, Cathy

Most Active