Waiting....

Plusbeauty88
on 3/19/14 11:48 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

My doctor filled out the paperwork and send it in for approval a month and a half ago. How long do I have to wait to find if I get accepted for barriactric surgery??

jamiekenyon
on 3/20/14 1:01 am - sweetser, IN

It all depends on how long u r insurance company takes.

Plusbeauty88
on 3/20/14 1:06 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I finally got to talk to someone useful at the hospital that does it and she said its about another 6-8 months before I find if I'm approved the. About a year to go to the orientation.... Waiting ... Lol

Colleen O.
on 3/20/14 1:48 am
VSG on 04/09/14

Are you required to do a supervised diet during that 6-8 months?  That's a really long time.  Have you called the insurance company?  I had to make several phone calls over a month to finally get the submission to the right place.  Once it was received by the right person, I had approval in less than a week. 

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

Plusbeauty88
on 3/20/14 5:29 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Not sure, I wasn't told about any of that my doctor just found out about this surgery and the it's done free and told me about it so she knows as much as I do, but I see my doctor and dietitian on a monthly basis. As I've been struggling with my weight since I was little. I was over 200 pounds when I was in grade 6 and now it's gotten worse I lost 80 pounds but gained it all back due to trying to help a friend out and she just made things extremely hard on me and I had to help her raise her kids, she didn't care about them and I just got so stressed out and now I just can't seem to get this weight off again. 

Colleen O.
on 3/20/14 5:35 am
VSG on 04/09/14

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles.  I hope things turn around for you very soon.  I didn't realize when I first responded that you are in Canada.  You might want to check out some of the Canadian forums - the folks there might have better information about the process and timing.

Good Luck!

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

Plusbeauty88
on 3/20/14 7:54 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I didn't know there was different ones lol the nurse I talked too told me to go on here cuz it would help answer questions lol sorry Americans hehe

msstaceya
on 3/20/14 1:43 am - Orlando, FL

Wow...that seems like a long time...I just went to the dr in january and they submitted my papaerowrk and I got approved in 8 days with my insurance and im scheduled for the DS in April

Plusbeauty88
on 3/20/14 2:09 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Ya it seems a little ridiculous but I've tried everything to loss weight and it just won't come off so now I play the waiting game...  

momjan
on 3/20/14 11:17 am - Canada

here`s the link to the MB site..

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/MB/

Canada has different policies and waiting periods than US; seems to be a lot longer wait here!!!

Most Active