Tomorrow is it!

JoeyP
on 3/23/14 11:51 pm - MI
with

Kind of freaking out... 

I know this is the best path to a healthy weight, but never having had surgery and never staying in a hospital has me just...freaked out. VSG surgery in the morning! It's been a great help reading posts here. I'm having surgery in Plano, Tx (Dr Nicholson) and could use suggestions for both post op care and support in Michigan.  

Thanks! Wish me luck.  

J_Bell1968
on 3/26/14 6:47 am

I don't any advice, I haven't had my surgery yet. I hope everything went well.

mikemac
on 3/29/14 5:16 am
VSG on 02/24/14

Congrats!!, I'm one month ahead. Keep posting and hang in there WLS is a endurance sport.

Mike Mac

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/29/14 6:42 am
VSG on 12/10/13

You can do it!!! :-D

My biggest piece of advice is to take it easy and go slow! This is major surgery, so you'll definitely be tired and sore afterwards. Don't be afraid to nap and give yourself the rest you need. Sip water when you can, but don't try to drin****il your puke, and don't push yourself to eat "real" food sooner than you ought to. Treat your body with kindness and patience and you'll be healing and losing in no time.

I'll be sending good healing vibes your way from Arizona!!

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!

HW 300 / LW 150 / Post-regain goal: 170

gabby169kitty
on 3/29/14 6:51 am

I hope to be joining the ranks in 5-6 months! The most valuable advice I've read on here for immediate post op, is to concentrate on fluids your first week or two. After that, follow your doctors food progression plan! There is a reason they get the results they get and the food plan is part of it.

I've had 3 surgeries before and anesthesia is like taking a nap where you get into a really deep sleep. If I get woken up from that really deep sleep I feel groggy and disoriented for a while and waking up from anesthesia feels kinda like that. Hospitals are generally not quiet places. I sometimes deal with some noisy neighbors and how I handle that is by plugging my headphones to my laptop and watch movies. If you have something which helps you sleep through noise, bring it with you. You'll have the post anesthesia effect and pain meds to help you sleep as well.