Beware of "Diet Sweet Tea"

MyLady Heidi
on 3/24/14 4:22 pm

I live on iced tea and lemon, why pollute it with sugar or chemicals.  If I tasted sweetened tea by any means I spit it out, it is so vile.  No calories drinks pass my lips, its either water with lemon or weak tea with lemon.  Lemon is the only actual food I ever crave.

ididabadbadthing
on 3/25/14 1:45 am - TN

You are wise MyLady Heidi!

MyLady Heidi
on 3/26/14 12:25 am

Not really I just hate sweet tea or sweetened drinks.  I do use Splenda when I use fake sweetener.  I try not too because I hate chemicals, but I would be a liar if I said I never used it.  I do eat protein bars filled with crap also, but I figure they are better then the candy bar I would rather eat instead so I let them slide.  But compared to what I ate when I was MO I am a saint now.

56sunShine14
on 3/25/14 2:30 am

Findings are finally coming out about artificial sweeteners.  They are not good for you and if there is enough of it in your diet sweet tea to make it taste sweet, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

Ladytazz
on 3/25/14 9:23 am

Mio has a Sweet Tea that is very good.  I think it is sweetened with Splenda but the amount that it takes to make a bottle is so small I can't imagine it doing any real harm.  I am 56 years old and I have been using artificial sweetness my entire life and so far I cannot think of one negative affect from them and I don't know of anyone personally that has had a problem.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active