Hormone Imbalance

snbloom8
on 3/23/14 5:12 am - WA
VSG on 06/03/13

Hi everyone. I'm almost 10 months out and down 70lbs! Yaaay! I had VSG and I believe I've had a pretty typical journey thus far with hair loss, stalls, and many NSV's. I am however, concerned about the continuing hair loss and now dealing with hormone imbalances. I'm moodier, extremely irregular periods (sorry gents), and low to no sex drive. So, I guess my question is. At what point do I go see my PCP about this and begin hormone therapy? Do I need to give it more time? As far as the hair loss goes, it's slowed a little, but Im still losing more than I should be and its getting harder and harder to cover it up. I thought I would have noticed it slowing down by now. So mood, sex and hair! Wow, I sound like a soap opera. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

TexasTerritory
on 3/23/14 7:06 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Sorry about the hair loss. You didn't indicate your age. I would contact my PCP about hormone replacement therapy. There are solutions to your cir****tances.

snbloom8
on 3/24/14 2:44 am - WA
VSG on 06/03/13

Sorry, I'm 33. Hair loss runs in my family so that may also exacerbate the loss. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/23/14 12:19 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Instead of your PCP, you might consider seeing your OB-GYN regarding hormone replacement therapy.   They tend to have more insight than a PCP.  Good luck!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tracy D.
on 3/24/14 12:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hi there - age does have a lot to do with the hormone thing.  Are you post-monopausal?  I recently looked at HRT as well because I'm 10 months out and my hair loss is still going strong.  I have to get very creative to cover up the bare spots now :-(   However, once I really looked into it and discussed the possible side effects with my doctor, I decided against it.  I've got heart disease and cancer in my family and I'm just not willing to take the risks.  Plus, every time I start artificial hormones my blood pressure skyrockets.  This has gone on since I was 20 years old and its proven to still be a problem.  

I've decided to live with it and will probably invest in hair pieces.  However, you have some other things going on with moods, irregular periods, etc.  Especially if you are in your 20's or 30's, I would suggest you talk to on OB/GYN about HRT.  Good luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

snbloom8
on 3/24/14 2:48 am - WA
VSG on 06/03/13

I'm 33, so no menopause yet. I'll definitely talk to my OB/Gyn. Thanks for the advice. 

spotmefive
on 3/24/14 3:14 am

Fat cells hold estrogen, so you probably have a flush of that in your system right now as the fat cells shrink releasing what they have.  Maybe you just don't have enough progesterone to balance that out.  You may need HRT for a short time to get all balanced out again.  I used to have to take progesterone to get my periods started.  It made me want to kill someone.  Literally.  HRT has it's side effects too :-)

VSG 4-1-14.  

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1366 views