Total Newbie - Surgery Date 4/28/14

RoxStar724
on 3/24/14 2:51 am
with

Hi all, 

I am new here and just found out this morning that my insurance has approved me for surgery.  I am going to have the Sleeve on 4/28/14.  I am scared, nervous and excited all wrapped into one.  

I would love to hear from anyone that is post op with the Sleeve and understand your healing process and any potential complications encountered?  How was your pain level?  Indigestion?  How long before you felt "good"?  

I have done a ton of research and realize that Sleeve has a low incidence of complications but I would like to be as mentally prepared for what could happen if there are any complications.  Thanks all! 

Rox

Cathy W.
on 3/24/14 6:52 am

Big congratulations to you for your upcoming surgery.  Scared, nervous and excited plus a range of emotions are understandable.  Very happy for you!

Post this on the VSG board so other members that have had the VSG can give you information as well.

Member Services
on 3/24/14 6:56 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Rox,

We are excited for you!! Congratulations.  Here are some links to information you may find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

Regards,

Member Services

Mac333
on 3/24/14 7:32 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Hi Rox! 

I will be having my VSG on 4/24 so I will be coming home on your surgery date. I will be glad to let you know how things are going with me as I progress through the preop surgery  and postoperative if you would like. I am starting to get a little nervous myself but mostly excited to get this new part of my life started.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/14 1:37 pm

I had surgery 3/3, I did great with no complications.  Pain was never an issue, just re learning how to eat is a challenge.  I would say the best thing you could do which I  did not is: try to follow the rules now.  Then it will not be such a shocker, also don't buy too many protein  products prior because your taste buds change.  

You will do great, congrats:)

ruby8157
on 3/28/14 2:14 am

Hey Roxstar I am also new on OH and my surgery date is the same as yours! I am having gastric by-pass and my goal is to lose 140lbs. I start 2 week liquid diet on the 14th-

I too am nervous and so excited to get on the losers bench!!

RoxStar724
on 3/28/14 5:25 am
with

Thanks you everyone for your replies.  I truly appreciate it!!!

Heaviest Weight - Nov 2013 - 264...Surgery Weight - April 28th 2014 - 237

Brittany H.
on 3/29/14 7:54 am

Congrats on your APPROVAL! which insurance do you have and how long was the whole process for you? so excited for you and can't wait to be in the same boat!

Most Active