Weigh****chers After Surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 3:27 am

Has anyone joined Weigh****chers after surgery for a support group?  There are no support groups local to me for WLS or obesity.  There are WW meetings.  They say people who go to a support group keep the weight off better.  I'm wondering if WW would help- I know they discuss healthy eating, exercise and issues that come with being overweight and trying to get healthy.  Anyone?

Kate -True Brit
on 3/24/14 3:40 am - UK

Kathkeb. Regular on here and uses WW. She was answering posts yesterday so shouod be easy enough to find  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 3/24/14 3:55 am

I re-joined WW about 6 weeks after my surgery and went all the way through Lifetime and about 2 years of maintenance before I stopped going to meetings.

I could not eat according to their program, but did my own thing and enjoyed the group support.

At the point I went back, I was losing about 2-3 pounds per week which for my size was within their guidelines, so no one questioned my rate of loss.

If you have an RNY and lose quicker, they may suggest you slow down your weight loss and you may have to disclose your surgery.

Kath

Day_dream_believer
on 3/24/14 5:03 am

I did.  I joined when I only had about 10 pounds left, but I wanted the accountability.  The key to me is a good leader.  I don't follow the plan at all.

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 5:50 am

That's kind of what I'm thinking- I won't be able to follow the plan, but I can track my eating and make sure I'm following my WLS guidelines.  I'm planning on only going 2x a month, so I may not need to disclose my surgery.  If I have to, that's fine, I'm just a private person.  

Do you find the topics they cover helpful?  Hearing about others struggles and triumphs?  I wish we had a local WLS group, but the nearest is over 2 hours away.  I'd consider the drive, but the meeting is at 10:30 am on a weekday.  

A. Kondrlik
on 3/24/14 6:07 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I have joined weigh****chers many times pre op.  It took my surgery to get where I am , but weigh****chers provides a lot of great information and support

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Mac333
on 3/24/14 7:24 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

I also have been bemoaning few support opportunities in my area.Love the idea of joining WW for support and accountability! Thanks

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Most Active
It only gets harder
notdamomma · 4 replies · 282 views
Pre-op diet
Seth284 · 2 replies · 128 views
Requirements Complete!
kay_prnz18 · 1 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics
Requirements Complete!
kay_prnz18 · 1 replies · 124 views
Pre-op diet