Got my appointment.

Dotti Alicea
on 3/26/14 11:54 pm - Southbridge

Hey guys! I just have a few questions. I made an appointment at tufts medical center in Boston, I still haven't decided on the type of surgery that is best for me. My BMI is 46.2 I'm 24. I've been researching since I was 13 on the risks and I have gotten plenty of negative comments from friends and family. But I know I want this. So my questions are

- Which one is best for 46.2 BMI?

- What is pre op like? (How much weight would I have to lose, meetings, how long is the process)

- Everyone says the post diet is really hard. Do you think so?

thank you all for helping me. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/27/14 7:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well I'm a newbie and a pre-op so I can't say what would be the best surgery for your bmi, I can only go by what wls will work for me & I think you would be better off thinking about what you think is best for you cuz any wls can be worked around where you won't lose weight or maintain what you lost. Do they have any bariatric seminars in your area?, that's how I started, that way you can learn about the various wls out there, find out if your insurance covers it, some have their own set of hoops you have to jump thru b4 they'll even consider paying for wls. Everyone has their own experiences and posting your question on more than 1 forum will get you a variety of answers, but in the end you can only go by what you think is good for you, each wls has their own benefits & risks & complications,just keep in mind what you're willing to do now & in the future. Good luck

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views