~ I am still here

3grlsmom
on 3/28/14 6:44 am

5 years Lap Band.  Never come here anymore but remember how helpful this place was for me years ago so I wanted to share.  Started at 52 yrs old.250 lbs  BMI 41 and perfectly healthy.  Got a lapband and a great 3 year long sweet spot at 5.2 cc's.....lost about 80 lbs and kept it off for a year.  Then I got extended TT and a reduction...everything INCLUDING the lapband was SELF_PAY!!  My port has been distended from its happy spot and I feel it frequently - sex and excercise etc.  I needed a "low-profile" port to replace the bigger original one.  It was done at 9am under a local and versed(sp) and now I am resting for a day or two and decided to visit this site - where it all began.    PS the flashing "after" in my pix was after only 50% of my total loss.   I also want to add that 4 of us got banded at the same time and I am the only successful one.....years out....never slime...never reflux.  All I hear now is that the docs here wont go near any band and they love a "sleeve!"  Sorry to ramble - percocet  

Karen in NJ 

Most Active