Yummy way to get in your water

gabby169kitty
on 3/29/14 5:14 am

I came across a pin on Pinterest about fruit infused water. With the exception of citrus fruits the fruit can be used several times to make more water. Here is a link to the website with recipes. I notice it didn't include cucumbers which produces a cool refreshing water and would be yummy with mint too. Plus, there is none of chemicals found in Crystal Light.  fruit infused water

Does anyone else have creative ways to get in their water.

QoftheU
on 3/29/14 6:01 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

My doc told me I can add any 100% non-citrus juice to water - in a small quantity - just enough to infuse it with some taste - it's the only way I drink water anymore and I love it.  My all time fave is Welch's purple grape.  No chemical-laden crap (I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners), and it tastes great!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

gabby169kitty
on 3/29/14 6:16 am

Now why haven't I thought of the super diluted juice? It would make the more expensive organic juices go MUCH further. I'm wanting to go organic or at least totally natural after my surgery. I figure I won't me spending all that money on fast food or other crappy food and since I'll be eating a lot less in general I'll probably still spend less on food than I do now.

QoftheU
on 3/29/14 7:34 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Yes... the juice thing was a game-changer!

Y'know, someone told me prior to surgery that I would NOT spend less on food - I didn't believe them.

Now I do.  Protein powders, supplements, etc... yikes!  Of course I'm only three months out and still unable to eat more than 1/2 cup, so I'm hoping once I get to regular foods for my protein, it won't cost as much.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/29/14 10:23 am - OH

Yeah, as the previous respondent said, you probably WON'T spend much that less on food after surgery if you consider protein supplements and the cost of vitamins.

Like many, I "splurge" on higher quality items than I did before (quality over quantity) so I spend just as much of food even WITHOUT protein supplements.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/29/14 6:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I like to make ice cubes from fruit juice (OJ, white grape, and cranberry are my favorites) and put one in my water glass. The juice comes out slowly as the ice melts and it works really well!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

gabby169kitty
on 3/29/14 6:54 am

I'm going to try the fruit juice thing well before surgery. I tend to like room temp drinks the best but I'll try the ice cube version as well, especially when I get hot this summer.

100% natural fruit juice is on my grocery list for Monday!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/29/14 6:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yeah, the ice is good in the summer. I'm in Arizona, so I can use that all year long, LOL!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amy W.
on 3/31/14 11:22 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Right! lol I'm in Buckeye, AZ. It's always warm.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

QoftheU
on 3/29/14 7:34 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

awesome idea!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1324 views