Broth Blahs

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/29/14 11:51 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hi all, on the liquid pre-op diet b4 my surgery in April any ideas on how to make the broth or the liquid portion of these drinks/soups more filing?, still got my hunger hormones and the broth is well Blah!, still end up feeling hungry and peeing all the time, any ideas would be great! Thanks

kathkeb
on 3/30/14 1:09 am

Instead of broth, I made Campbell's chicken noodle and strained it .... It tasted thicker than broth and more familiar to me ... More satisfying.

I also added a few drops of picante sauce to spice it up amped make it more savory.

I had something every 2 hours or so .... Warm tea or soup or a cold drink ..... So I could tell my brain and tummy that I was going to 'eat' again in 2 hours.

Hang in there, it gets better!!!

Kath

marymo362
on 3/30/14 1:10 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I have a very clear memory of this as I am still in liquid stages.Here's what I did...I got a little muslin bag at the store. I added herbs and spices to it (rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes, dried onion pieces, crushed garlic) and let it steep in my broth, then packaged the broth in serving-sized containers to take to work. The flavors really helped a lot!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Scorpio98
on 3/30/14 2:31 am

Swanson makes some great flavored broths.  The Mexican tortilla and Chinese Hot and Sour flavors were great!  Wasn't a fan of the Thai ginger.  I also diluted tomato soup and butternut squash soup with chicken broth to keep my carbs low.  It helped vary the flavor.

Eggface
on 3/30/14 4:08 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Homemade was my favorite. Richer.

The box kind was fun to mix flavors so chicken and onion, or beef and mushroom to change it up.

Celebrate Vitamins makes a Chicken & Tomato Protein http://www.celebratevitamins.com

Strained soups from take out (won ton was a fav)

Best wishes on your WLS!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/30/14 11:48 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Thank-you so much everyone, so determined to make it thru to the losers bench!

Most Active